Author Thread: Financial support of parents
Admin

Financial support of parents
Posted : 18 Jan, 2020 10:52 PM

Money is one of the things that strains relationships. What is your opinion of a guy who supports his parents? It is not that his parents are unwise financially but life long illness and medical expenses have taken a toll.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jan, 2020 12:52 AM

Spiritual connections I agree with you 100% about family Carribbean culture is the same...

Loverboy1986

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2020 06:54 AM

Taking care of parents financially is one of the duty of all child have earn living. Mostly when they are financially crippled

Loverboy1986

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2020 06:56 AM

Taking care of parents financially is one of the duty of all child have earn living. Mostly when they are financially crippled

Loree7

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2020 03:26 PM

The first verse that popped into my head was 1 Timothy 5:3-4 which talks about honoring widows and is commanded of God to do so. The next was honoring your parents comes with a promise Ephesians 6. 1 Timothy 5:8 also talks of taking care of ones family. God set up the family and church as a means to care for people. It is both biblical and necessary.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2020 06:50 PM

Thank you Loree. These are go to verses for me. I am not complaining about helping out family. Just curious of others perspective on the subject. I was surprised by a few friends responses during a conversation at work.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Feb, 2020 07:22 PM

Each and every case is different, so it's hard to say whether it's good or bad. It's important to learn all the facts and not jump to conclusions too quickly though.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2020 04:47 AM

Giving financial support to our parents is common in our country, Philippines. And I am fine with husband financially supporting his family, I would even help him supporting them to lessen his responsibilities/burdens.

Page : 1 2