Author Thread: Do you REALLY want an honest guy?
ephesians522

View Profile
History
Do you REALLY want an honest guy?
Posted : 1 Feb, 2009 09:01 AM

It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place. ~Henry Louis Mencken, A Little Book in C Major, 1916

I was sitting here and thinking about some of the questions that women ask men and wondering. If a guy was to tell you the truth all the time, even if it was about what he thinks about you when asked, would you take it to heart and not be offended by it?

The most asked question from a wife, "Does this make me look fat?" What if he said, "Yes"?

Think about it.

heart4almighty

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Feb, 2009 11:04 AM

Yes, I would still appreciate the honesty. If you told me I looked fat, then I would simply change clothes...lol.:winksmile: On the other hand I would probably fib myself if I thought it would hurt someones feelings. Tough question:goofball: Thanks for the post.

Blessings:laugh:

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Feb, 2009 11:13 AM

Yes, I want honesty. The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth - so help me God. Haha, but I never ask the question "Do I look fat in this?" If I don't feel comfortable wearing something then I don't wear it. There is no point to that.

But I realize your question goes way beyond that simple question. But yes, I want the full truth because that is also what I have to offer to a man.

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Feb, 2009 03:10 PM

If I ask the question, I would appreciate an honest response.

Also, there are times when an honest, not so great comment, is greatly appreciated. You used the example of an outfit not being flattering. A true friend tells me when something I am wearing looks bad or makes me look terrible. I really appreciate that. Rather like walking out of the restroom with toilet paper stuck on the shoe, I may be embarrassed at first, but its better to be embarrassed with a friend than to be embarrassed in public.

Blessings,

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Feb, 2009 06:06 PM

Ephesians,

A good question and I think yes, most women do want an honest man. When I ask a question it is because I would like an honest answer even if it is painful, as the truth so often can be. For me it is not about how I look in an outfit or something trivial like that. For me it's about having a man be honest about my shortcomings, as an example if I behave badly as to offend someone and he calls me on my bad behavior. An honest man or woman will hold you accountable in your Christian walk. This is the kind of honesty that brings about spiritual growth.

Many blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Feb, 2009 11:00 PM

Yes, I would much more appreciate a mans honesty then him trying to skirt around the issue as not to hurt my feelings.

But it gives me insight into what lies ahead.

If a man can't be totally honest now about what he is actually thinking, then he sure is'nt going to be honest about it later.

I think most guys really are afraid when it comes to approaching my situation because of my son, they don't want to hurt my feelings so they shy away from getting to know a really great person and having me as a friend because they just can't be honest that it makes them uncomfortable.

I can take the truth...if it bothers someone I would rather they tell me about it than not . I respect a person much more for being honest than not.

Have a great night and Godbless,

Arlena

Olusha

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2009 09:21 AM

I would appreciate an honest answer. There are different ways to tell the truth. You can tell the truth in a constructive way. :purpleangel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Feb, 2009 01:40 PM

I learned to stop asking that question.lol I can think for myself and if I am unhappy about my apperance (emotionally or physically) then I usually get to the good work out with the diet plan and exersise bike. I think I would just want MY man to be suttle and let me down easy but if by any unawareness that I am doing on my own ... and need someone to help me with the attentiion about my looks I would want to know but only because I want to be the attractive woman for the MAN in my life.

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 06:02 PM

I take this from another comment made to a similar question.

"Honesty is the best, but there is such a thing as round-about honesty. If a woman looks horrible in a hat and asks you if you like it on her, my dad's suggestion is to say, "I don't think that fits you probably, but I do this this"-- He brings up another hat that he truly thinks looks good on her. "--really is complimented by you." Even if she doesn't look good in any hats, tell her that it distracts from a beautiful feature or accessory on her. If you think she looks better in a hat, suggest one. It doesn't have to be so awkward. Be polite, be true, that's all to ask of you."

jkgdc

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 11:49 AM

Good point!

Putting a positive spin on somthing like that is speaking life to the person(edifying), making the situation good.That's what the Father teaches us! Good point!:applause: