Author Thread: Do men like to be "just friends" ?
Admin

Do men like to be "just friends" ?
Posted : 6 Jan, 2008 02:13 PM

I've always been sort of a "Tom boy" or just down to earth and enjoyed friends of both genders throughout my youth and college days. But these days it seems that men only want to be friends if they are after the lust of the flesh.

Do men value just "buddy relationships with women" where you can just run around to places and events and just talk and have fun together without any deeper relationship ?

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2008 10:49 PM

I think you meant to put this in the ask a guy forum, but I have to say that if a man is physically attracted to you he generally also likes to be friends with you. Just my experience, anyway

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2008 04:31 PM

Thank you for your reply. I didn't know there was a "guy forum".

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jan, 2008 09:30 AM

from a guy,

usually not, the physical attraction always gets in the way. but having said that, I have had several women friends who were just that, friends. there was a number of reasons for not wanting it to go further, and we ended up being great friends. hope this helps.

Ken37

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jan, 2008 04:09 PM

I have two daughters..it's very easy for me to be just friends with a woman..FRANKLY..until my divorce is final..that's ALL I will allow. My best friends widow is like a sister to me..well...and I also have two sisters..lol

I don't know that I would have a girl buddy though..LOL...sounds like someone to drink beer with and work on cars together..LOL Which is funny, because I RARELY drink. I do however enjoy the opinion of a real lady , though.

BenMac

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Feb, 2008 02:48 PM

Depends on how much I like a gal. If I like her a lot, then getting in the friends zone is not pleasent. But if a gal is honest and just explains that she is not interested, then I generally will be ok with being friends. I may have a secret crush, but I control it.

It depends on the guy, some are ok with just friends, others are middle of the road, and others hate hearing it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Feb, 2008 08:31 PM

The best thing to do with any relationship is 'try'. If you fail to be vulnerable then you will never succeed at the deepest parts of a relationship. That's where I think men fail. You must accept when you do your best and end up as friends. A man and a woman both need to remember that the problem solves itself. You would not want to be with someone who can't accept all parts of you or feel compatable, so if they let go, have a short introspection and then move on. Strive toward the goal and take the risk, life is too short. the Bible even speaks of making the most of our time, and I think that can relay to all parts of life.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Feb, 2008 08:31 PM

The best thing to do with any relationship is 'try'. If you fail to be vulnerable then you will never succeed at the deepest parts of a relationship. That's where I think men fail. You must accept when you do your best and end up as friends. A man and a woman both need to remember that the problem solves itself. You would not want to be with someone who can't accept all parts of you or feel compatable, so if they let go, have a short introspection and then move on. Strive toward the goal and take the risk, life is too short. the Bible even speaks of making the most of our time, and I think that can relay to all parts of life.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Apr, 2008 04:30 PM

In my opinion I find it important to have friends of both genders. When you want to go shopping, talk, or the spa, you have female friends, when you want to go to a sports game, dinner, or a concert, you can take a guy friend. For me and my friends we do a lot in groups. That way there's a bunch of guys and girls all hanging out and we can just have fun without anything wkward. A concert, the movies, the beach, whatever. It keeps your socail circle big and helps you ahve more fun. Sometimes I want to just hang out with the guys so to speak and other times I just want to talk with my girl friends. It depends on my mood. And for the guys the I hang with, they've said they feel the same way. It adds diversity and sometimes guys do want to just sit down and talk for awhile, but they're not going to call one of their guy friends for that, they'll save that for when they want to work on a car! :laugh: