Author Thread: Question about text messaging and conversation in general
Admin

Question about text messaging and conversation in general
Posted : 27 Apr, 2020 07:48 PM

Alright, so I’m little bit puzzled by this at times whenever I talk to a girls online. I try to start a conversation with a girl at times and whenever I do they end up not expressing themselves or take their time to message me back.

Is it just a girl thing, they’re not thinking or there just talking to too many guys. I get the impression at times that there not treating me as a person.

Of course could be wrong, not like I know what their thinking.

Just would like a decent conversation once in a while. A good conversation always helps me to get to know someone better.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2020 08:59 PM

aaron - this takes a lot of getting used to. sometimes I think a person just deleted me, then a week later i get a message that someone in their family died, or they were traveling. i have also sent a hello, where i live and small talk and the person responds with I want to Marry You. give me your phone number. (which I do not do either of those things). Write as many girls as you want to, but do NOT take it personal if you don't hear back. you are not wrong, the recipient of your mail has the right to answer or delete. It would sure be nice if they answer, but again please dont give up and don't take a non-answer personal.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2020 09:50 PM

Don't worry, I'm used to it by now.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2020 03:18 AM

I wouldn't read too much into it it could be all of the above you're not going to know. It usually takes me a day or two to reply to messages, with work (pre covid 19)and family commitments so I've no issue with people not replying straight away. Keep sending messages and try not to be discouraged I know it's easier said than done...:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 May, 2020 07:40 AM

Don't worry. Happens to me all of the time.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 May, 2020 10:28 AM

These conversations are like landing an airplane. It's a skill. Move too fast, and they pull away. I have witnessed that. Usually if someone is genuinely interested will keep talking and will want to talk. But that can also mean they have a hard time to find anyone for some reason. You don't know the reason yet why she is having trouble finding a mate, but you'll find out eventually! And the same thing is true about men. If someone seems desperate even just slightly, that's a sign that maybe there's something wrong here. and we could stick around to figure out what's wrong, or we could just talk to someone else. Many women here get thousands of messages, and they have plenty of people to choose from. They sometimes delete all their messages to start fresh. I have had one of my messages deleted. And I knew that she deleted mine, because I am a paid member. I paid $25. So, when I saw that she deleted my message, I immediately asked her what's wrong? Why did you delete my message? She said her phone was bad. It accidentally marked my message as well. I can understand that. I have noticed that too. If someone is using the app, it is very easy to delete the wrong message. So, anyway, she did not delete my message on purpose. But I would have never found out if I just leave it at that. So, just send her another message!

slightlybrokenwing72

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2020 03:38 AM

this'll get deleted maybe by admins, but... the site is very, very buggy. over half the messages i write don't get sent at all. i had someone explain to me to write in another program and cut and paste here... (before that it was like 'try twice and if the message doesn't send, its God's will :P lol... not that i really believe that, but its easier to just give up and blame fate :) ).

also, even messages that i send, often they don't get posted even if the program shows that it did... or it posts only the first sentence and the rest cut off...

and hmm... if a message starts with an obvious pick up line then i might not even read it... or if the message is just looking like a cut and paste they sent to half the women on the site :P ... why bother? (for me, heartlessly, if they live in a country that can't get a visit visa to europe, there's no sense either...) or if... idk... anything on the profile that's a red flag, or reminds me of someone who hurt me, or... idk... there's sometimes a certain self-preservation thing where i sense something or other without having words for it and i just don't respond.

(i should say that i once had a nice long exchange about books and philosophy with someone who'd never get a visa to visit... so i guess kinda friend zone thing, but i'm glad we talked... was some many years ago when i was living in hospital and got me through the day... lost track 4ever ago.)

so there's reasons, and randomness and technical glitches...

hope u find people who responds so you can have nice conversation and at the right time meet someone... during Covid is nice to talk to someone online.. i'm... fortunate to be talking to someone now :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jun, 2020 05:56 AM

About late replies, I would say that we all have our own personal lives and we do get busy at times. Also there are some points that we aren't in the mood to talk to anyone. (Aren't we all experience that? Lol)

Also, let's keep in mind that there are people who do not express their selves to anyone easily. It takes so much trust for them to open up.

If you are really interested talking with 'em, just keep doing it, but remember to not cross the line. 😊