Author Thread: To be a Christian...
Admin

To be a Christian...
Posted : 28 Sep, 2008 08:04 PM

Heard a sermon today & it got me thinking... if you are a follower of Christ (Christian), are you talking the talk and walking the walk? Do you support abortion? Knowing what you know now, do you still think it's okay to live with someone before marriage? Are you embracing some teachings of the bible and leaving others out? Please feel free to respond as needed, you might be bringing a lost soul towards the light... it's never too late!!!

'When the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we have done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life'. Titus 3:4-7

Shai

View Profile
History
To be a Christian...
Posted : 18 Oct, 2008 01:36 PM

Aren't you in the wrong section of the forum?

Anyway, listening to some parts of the bible and leaving other parts out is what EVERYONE (including your pastor) does because the bible is naturally controversial with itself because of when/where/who made it. So, we take the important things that we're sure are factual and run with them (i.e. morality, non-violence, love, ect).

That said, I'm anti-abortion AND pro-choice. I think abortion is wrong, and shouldn't be done at all, but unfortunately, it is possible, and women will do it weather it's illegal or not. Back when it was legalized it was being done illegally and women were dying because of it. I'd rather it be legal and women not die from it (with their child) than it be 100% illegal and have women doing it illegally with people who don't know what their doing.

Partial Birth abortion should be illegal though... yeah.