Author Thread: Blessed are they...
Admin

Blessed are they...
Posted : 18 Oct, 2008 11:21 PM

I remembered, then I read it, then I wrote it down, and then I sent it... and then... then it got lost in cyberspace. And then I said to myself, mmmh... give up. And then I reflected, how many times have I succumbed to that temptation... and so, here I go again. This is what i'd remembered before, this is what I read.... these are the eight beatitudes...

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are the meek: for they shall posses the land.

Blessed are they who mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill.

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

The 'beatitudes', how beautiful they are... Now I remember the song by Todd Agnew in 'my Jesus'... you should check it out...

This is a note to myself, as much as it is to you... I'm not perfect, because I sin, I'm a sinner. Sometimes I have turned my back on him... only to turn towards him when things go wrong and you know what... He's never left, He's always there waiting with open arms to welcome me back home... coz He loves me and you know what, He loves you too. God speaks to us all the time... if only we stood still enough to listen to Him... just imagine.

We all have had our share of struggles. But they are absolutely nothing compared to what Christ went through in our hands. He was mocked, tortured... and in the midst of it all, one painful step after the other, he bore our burdens on his shoulders... all the way till the end... forgive them for they know not what they do, he said... he did it out of love, can you imagine that kind of love... He taught us to love one another...all that's under the sun..the unborn, the children, the old, the poor...

I went to a local agency the other day. The agency caters for the poor. It was a cold and rainy day but the men, women, and the little ones quietly lined up to ensure they got at least one hot meal for the day. I had a chance to talk to one elderly man. As he carefully scooped up food from his plate, he looked at me through weary eyes and quietly told me he has served in three wars... and yet, there he was. You know, it's not about writing that cheque, you can donate your old clothings, canned foods and I hope it's not the expired kind, even a kind word or just a smile may be what that person you are passing by on the streets needs, and mostly... donate your time, donate your time. Let's not think that that other person is in a better position to help, that other person is you. Let's continue to do God's work on this earth. There's a reason you are here...there was a reason I was there that day and at that particular time... I saw the face of Christ in the poor...

Do not get lost in the hallways of this world... be still... listen... God is right there beside you... you just need to on call his name.....

sweetangel2585

View Profile
History
Blessed are they...
Posted : 22 Oct, 2008 06:45 AM

Oh wow such an aweomse post! Such beautiful words! I really enjoyed reading your post! I got truly blessed! God has blessed you with amazing words! Im like you I sin, im a sinner i have turned my back on him one time but He never left me...He was always right there when I needed HIm! God Bless you so very much!!!:angel:

View Profile
History
Blessed are they...
Posted : 1 Nov, 2008 12:30 PM

Thank you very much for your kind words.... God bless you too...

+++ May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way... 2 Thessalonians 3:16+++