Author Thread: Do You Believe?
Admin

Do You Believe?
Posted : 27 Sep, 2010 04:13 PM

Do you believe that God has specifically prepared someone for us to be our lifelong partner?

hubbarddebra99

View Profile
History
Do You Believe?
Posted : 28 Sep, 2010 12:24 PM

i don't know. i think more God lets you choose. God will however, bless a marriage between two of His children. I believe that even with God blessing on your marriage, you and your spouse need to keep in constance prayer about your marriage, work on it, and pray for, and with each other!

My ex-husband was not a Christian. He was into a lot of crazy"religions" He kept saying I was just Not his "soul-mate."

I was really in love with him, and this really hurt! So I don't believe in a "soul-mate" as the world does.

View Profile
History
Do You Believe?
Posted : 28 Sep, 2010 06:51 PM

NO. I do believe that if we follow the principles of relationship in the Bible and we meet another believer that is on the same path then we may be able to have a marriage with them. However I don't believe there is only one person that is meant specifically for us.

Thunder

View Profile
History
Do You Believe?
Posted : 29 Sep, 2010 01:11 PM

No, I don't think that there is only one person in this world that we are ment for. I don't see that in the Bible anywhere. I believe that any two believers if they follow Biblical principals can fall in love with each other. The concept of that one and only one for you is really an old Greek concept.

View Profile
History
Do You Believe?
Posted : 29 Sep, 2010 03:37 PM

I agree with Thunder and Cobbler.

songbyglory

View Profile
History
Do You Believe?
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 04:57 PM

I don't know guys. If God have preordered our steps wouldn't it go to say that He has set that one person in your path to meet you at an appointed time.

I agree that he blesses unions between His children, but I also believe that someone can also be a part of my destiny.

Now did He set just one person in my path? I don't think so. Just because God places someone in our path does not mean that we will be receptive enough to see them.

We all know that our lives are filled with missed opportunities and God always gives us more chances. However if we keep our eyes focused on Him, we will see what He wants us to see.

View Profile
History
Do You Believe?
Posted : 20 Oct, 2010 12:02 PM

We do know that Adam had one appointed to be his wife. That was Eve. Also, Issac would never have met Rebecka in the land he was from. Instead he met her because a servant was sent to the land of his forefathers, by Abraham, and that servant prayed to God to direct him to the one woman for Issac.

We also know that some people are are not necessarily meant to be married; such as the case of Jephthah daughter (Judges 11:34-40).

So to answer your question, yes, I do believe for those who are called to be married, I do believe that God does have someone destined for them. But at the same time, he also has an acceptable will, meaning that we chose to ignore God's plan and instead chose our own.

View Profile
History
Do You Believe?
Posted : 1 Nov, 2010 03:09 PM

@violakat :yay:

Beautiful answer

annery24

View Profile
History
Do You Believe?
Posted : 15 Mar, 2011 12:43 AM

Yeah I believe so.Just be persistent in praying.