Author Thread: Wisdom!
Admin

Wisdom!
Posted : 1 Jan, 2011 05:37 PM

My main focus of study this year is on "wisdom," which is great because the Bible is full of scriptures that talk about wisdom. I guess I will start with the beginning! "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." (Genesis 1:1) So you are probably saying,"where's he going with all this?" Well according to Proverbs chapter 8:22-31, it is wisdom which was God's architect for all of His creation. In fact verse 22 states that wisdom was formed before all of creation was made, but don't take my word for it...Here's God's " 22 �The Lord formed me from the beginning, before he created anything else. 23 I was appointed in ages past, at the very first, before the earth began. 24 I was born before the oceans were created, before the springs bubbled forth their waters. 25 Before the mountains were formed, before the hills, I was born� 26 before he had made the earth and fields and the first handfuls of soil. 27 I was there when he established the

heavens, when he drew the horizon on the oceans. 28 I was there when he set the clouds above, when he established springs deep in the earth. 29 I was there when he set the limits of the seas, so they would not spread beyond their boundaries. And when he marked off the earth�s foundations, 30 I was the architect at his side. I was his constant delight, rejoicing always in his presence. 31 And how happy I was with the world he created; how I rejoiced with the human family!

I have learned that there are two kinds of wisdom, worldly and Godly. Worldly wisdom is based upon the limits of our own understanding. Most people can obtain and operate in this kind of wisdom. The standards of worldly wisdom are well influenced by Satan and his demons. Godly wisdom can only come from having a personal relationship with God. Prayer and Bible study are a major part of receiving and operating in Godly wisdom, but the main part is seeking and doing things that are pleasing to God. So how can one begin to receive and operate in Godly wisdom? Well let's look at Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom and the knowledge of the Holy One results in understanding. Well now we can begin to eliminate those who cannot utilize Godly wisdom. Let's start with everybody that does not fear the Lord! I have a better idea, let's just list the only ones that can operate in Godly wisdom...that would be those and only those who believe

in and follow the Lord Jesus Christ. Now, right about now I have probably upset quite a few people by this statement, because it eliminates every religion and belief system in the world. This includes the "religion" of Christianity; all those who sit in churches through out the week but live like hell the rest of the week. There is no true relationship with Jesus Christ with these people, just a mockery.

To fear the Lord means to obey His commandments...the greatest one according to Jesus in Mathew chapter 23, would be to basically "Love God" If your actions, beliefs, policies, behaviors and attitudes don't reflect the same as God's then you have not gained Godly wisdom nor are you demonstrating love toward God.

There is so much more....but this is it for now

God bless

View Profile
History
Wisdom!
Posted : 2 Jan, 2011 11:37 PM

Servant,

You are a Sagacious man! A most excellent Thread! Quite a few wonderful Points to mull over and discuss.

Thank you

vkjewell

View Profile
History
Wisdom!
Posted : 21 Jan, 2011 10:07 AM

I might take this a step further (or at least in tandem) . . . More than one non-denominational pastor pointed out this week that there are many FANS of the LORD Jesus Christ but few FOLLOWERS. The followers are those who are carrying a cross (sacrifice) and who would not hestitate to surrender to God on any given day anything He has made us stewards of. My children. My work. My wallet. My worldly possessions. Where I live today and where I live tomorrow. With whom.

Do you see the numbers dwindling still . . . . ?

Missed everyone in the chat forum these past months! Involved in a nonprofit startup that demanded too much of my time to have a real social life. Especially in front of a computer.

Would you all be so kind as to visit my new H E A R T F E L T blog at vkjewell.blogspot.com this week and post a comment? I will be writing a new one in the next day or two I hope.

God's Best to you All!

Val Jewell in Wyoming

View Profile
History
Wisdom!
Posted : 4 Feb, 2011 09:25 PM

Great Post, servant2003 ! Thanks for sharing.

Deborah