Author Thread: God's anger
Admin

God's anger
Posted : 10 May, 2010 12:42 PM

How angry do you think God is at the willful ignorance that is so ramped today? God preserved His word for us and many died through the centuries and today people allow enough dust to collect on their bible to write "damnation" with their fingers.

View Profile
History
God's anger
Posted : 10 May, 2010 08:13 PM

To Darrello in response to your Question:

How angry do you think God is at the willful ignorance that is so ramped today? God preserved His word for us and many died through the centuries and today people allow enough dust to collect on their bible to write "damnation" with their fingers.

First are you of the persuasion man is not of a free will?

The New Testament is a covenant with mankind, this covenant has two sides to it

The God side

Man side

God declares his will and provision to mankind

The covenant declares to man that he has the the responsibility to believe or not believe this new testament it is man's choice.

In understanding a God covenant, we are told by God that he is not a man that he can lie, so it is understood what he says about himself is the truth.

Concerning his anger today or we might say in this new covenant he told us: 1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

He said to those of the church he has not appointed us to wrath, or he is not angry to us.

Now in this covenant we have many responsibilities and the most important is to lift up Jesus and he will Draw all men unto him, in otherwords you dont see Jesus, nor hear Jesus Jumping up and down about Sin, but the answer for sin, himself.

I believe what our sister clearly said was in line with:

Jo 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Instead he choose to love, as to her second part we are only responsible for our self and our responsibility to him is to keep are eyes on him and to live as if he is coming tonight.

If you believed he was coming tonight, what would be your responsibility.

I realize I am a joke to you and that is ok, cuz it is not about me, my priority is for you and your well being because he is my first priority.

Sorry for being so hard to understand.

View Profile
History
God's anger
Posted : 10 May, 2010 11:48 PM

Is God angry with us now? I am not God. I can't tell you that. I can tell you that in the Prophets, the issue of God's anger comes up a lot. If you want to know more, that would be a great place to start.

Now, as for my personal beliefs/convictions...

When two adults have a child, they know that many trials and obstacles will introduce themselves along the way. Children will act up. We know it's gonna happen. So, they prepare themselves for the task of raising the child, knowing full well that the child will need to be disciplined. Then, when the time comes, and the child acts up, the parents get angry. They want the child to know the severity of their actions. When the children are "grown up", however, the parents step back and let the child make his/her own decisions. They don't always approve, but the child is now responsible for his/her own actions. This doesn't provoke the same emotions from the parents as before. Instead of anger and discipline, it is now more disappointment and sadness. The love is still there. It will always be there. Even when the child turns away from the parents. While there are obvious differences, I believe this is an excellent parallel to our relationship with God.

I think that God's general angriness with humanity has BEEN gone. However, there are things that we do that makes Him angry. (insert scripture about God being angry at wickedness everyday). So, is God angry? I don't believe so. Does God GET angry? I believe He does, at the appropriate times.

Hope this helps.

In Christ

Garrett

View Profile
History
God's anger
Posted : 11 May, 2010 08:31 AM

Hey MoG & Darrel ~ Glad ya Gents liked or not "My" lil story...an yah its not quotein the "WORD'...ya Gents can look at it the way ya want...most Christains would get the jest of it...:yay:...Yall hava a nice day...an remember Jesus Luvs ya...xo

PJ ~ Nice reply an post...

JF ~ Good ta see ya here brother...

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
God's anger
Posted : 11 May, 2010 09:16 AM

I think it could go the other way too. I keep seeing "You're going to Hell" billboards on the side of the road. God might be more upset at the people that put those up. I just don't understand what goes through some Christian's heads...like Hell and fear of punishment are going to save people instead of Jesus. Anyway...I think God is angrier at people who "claim" to be representing His character and that "claim" to care about their fellow sinners...than the people who don't really care or know about God. He's probably angry at both, but which is the more grievous example of willful ignorance? Jesus was much harsher in His words and actions with sinners than He was with the religious leaders...wait...that might be backwards...

"Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain"

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
God's anger
Posted : 11 May, 2010 09:24 AM

Mark he is not Mad at anyone in this covenant, as he said we are not appointed to wrath, or anger he stated his position, but you are right on target, his message is good news, you never seen Jesus preaching sin, which is death, and more importantly Sin is always synonymous with Satan. It depends on where man puts his eyes and ears, You are right on track with scripture and the heart of God.

View Profile
History
God's anger
Posted : 11 May, 2010 11:43 AM

Steve wrote:

Well gods jude this is a neat little story youve created,but its not the word of god..........I think we did get it.

I agree 100% Mark to talk about hell with out understanding justice and why Hell exist is missrepersenting God's Word and that is blasphemy. It is just for an infinite God to send law breakers to an infinite Hell, wouldn't you want someone who raps and kills a little girl to recieve due justice for their crime. So with out understanding behind it, to anounce, "you are going to Hell", though it may be true, is not the proper way to evangilize. Law before the Gospel! Until a man knows he is sick he will never want the cure. 90% law 10% grace will do the trick. Psalm 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul...

Romans 2 does warns us of the wrath to come but it is the kindness of God that makes people come to Him for salvation.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
God's anger
Posted : 11 May, 2010 12:49 PM

Well....Grace/Law at the same time:rocknroll:.

"There is this law that points out your horrible sin...but luckily, Somebody pretty awesome died to erase your past and free you from your guilt!"

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
God's anger
Posted : 11 May, 2010 03:36 PM

Amen to that !!!...xo

View Profile
History
God's anger
Posted : 11 May, 2010 03:57 PM

1 � David�s Psalm of praise. I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever.

2 Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.

3 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.

4 One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts.

5 I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works.

6 And men shall speak of the might of thy terrible acts: and I will declare thy greatness.

7 They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness.

8 The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.

9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

10 � All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.

Page : 1 2