Author Thread: King James
Deborahe

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 15 Jul, 2008 06:18 AM

I heard a Preacher say Satan was "stealing" The Word of God

from right under our noses; through all the different "versions" of the Bible. What do you think?

Love in Christ,

Deborah :angel:

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 19 Jul, 2008 01:08 AM

(Oh yeah, I meant to say "nice topic" by the way)

Deborahe

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 19 Jul, 2008 05:57 AM

JustCause,

Thank you for your encourageing words. May GOD continue

to fill us all with the Knowledge of Him !

God Bless You,

Deborah

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 19 Jul, 2008 11:15 PM

ok,My tongue is starting to feel better,,,, ya'll are bound and determined to get me in this,,,, ouch ouch,,,

oops, oops, I think I bit my tongue again,,, :eat::eat::eat:

:eat::eat::eat::eat::eat::eat::eat::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ok I promise not to be eating no more,,,,

,,,, K,,, J,,, V,,,,,,, hummm,,,,,, King who? Bruce

ps. Did you know that there are over 40 verses in the new testament totally deleted in the NIV,,,,, yes TOTALLY eliminated,,,,,,,,,, Plus there are 1000's of scriptures where the NIV changes men into women, says they are coming when they are going, OOPPS, I THINK I BIT MY TONGUE AGAIN,,,,,,,,:goofball::goofball::goofball::goofball::goofball:

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 19 Jul, 2008 11:21 PM

Wow,

Way to funny,,,,

I just looked back and seen how when in the last post I wrote king who? then I sign my name,,, Bruce...

I was fixing to sign off and then added a ps, to it,,,, now it looks like I was saying king Bruce,,,, I hope you find it just as funny as I do,,,,,:prayingm:,,,, :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

ok , Lets try it again,,,,, KING WHO ? He He!!!!

peace out,,, Bruce,,,

Deborahe

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 20 Jul, 2008 07:27 AM

king? Bruce,

You've soooo funny:laugh: That's one of the reasons I like ya so much! Thanks for your input : : ; won't take but a second for God to heal that little tongue bite:ROFL:

When you think about it, King Bruce isn't that far fetched at

all-----------------------Revelation 1: 5, 6

And from Jesus Christ,who is the faithful witness,and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. A-men'.

Thanks for teaching me something new. I didn't know such "versions' were so far from the TRUTH ! Another

point to add to my list of reasons for staying with KJV.

You are,indeed,a Blessing ! ! !

Love in Christ,

Deborah

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 20 Jul, 2008 06:11 PM

Well...King Bruce of the Forum...You have certainly been swinging the septre around getting the "point" across in the noblist of ways...thank you for your wisdom...and OUCH !!!

:bouncy: Be careful how you're swinging that thing...OUCH !!! KJV FOREVER! :yay:OUCH...

stra..OUCH..beri50

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 22 Jul, 2008 03:13 AM

ok, I dont know what is funnier,,, yall's humor," king Bruce"

or my typing mistakes, either way it is laughter, a much needed medicine.

Some versions and yes the NIV will take women's names and replace them with Mens Names. Hummm Hummmm.

One notable place they do this is in Hebrews with

SARA and ABRAHAMS name

(King James Version) Hebrews 11:11 Through faith also

,,,,,," SARA" herself received strength to conceive seed,,,,,

and was delivered of a child when she was past age

AND HERE ALSO,,,,because ,,,, " she " ,,,, judged him faithful who had promised.

And then here IS THE CONTRADICTION in

Hebrews 11 (New International Version)

11By faith ,,,,, " ABRAHAM ",,,,,, even though he was past age�and Sarah herself was barren�was enabled to become a father

HERE IS THE OTHER CONTRADICTION,,,,

because ,,,,, " HE ",,,,, considered faithful who had made the promise. 12And so from this one man, and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore.

The NIV totally added 25 of the 43 words to this scripture that is no where near what the original says, again they replace Sarah to who the verse is talking about and is making it Abraham,,,,,,,

12 Abraham was past the time when he could have children. But many children came from that one man. They were as many as the stars in the sky. They were as many as the sand on the seashore. No one could count them.

Don Get me started,,, PLEASEEE, :excited::excited::excited:

:excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited:

Bruce,,,, outta,,,,,!!

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 22 Jul, 2008 03:23 AM

King James Version) Hebrews 11:11 Through faith also

,KJV,," SARA" herself received strength to conceive seed was delivered of a child when ,," she",,, was past age

NIV, " ABRAHAM " even though ,,"he",, was past age,

KJV ,,,, " she " ,,,, judged him faithful who had promised.

NIV,,,,, " HE ",,,,, considered faithful who had made the promise.

Maybe it is easier now,,,, hummm hummm, :ribbit::ribbit:

Deborahe

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 22 Jul, 2008 10:30 AM

Bruce,

Thanks for sharing. I'd hate to be in the shoes of those translators; they have definitely "added to" and "taken away from". WOW !

strawberri,

If he's king of the forum, does that make us "maids in waiting"? :laugh: I don't mind: I like what the Prophet Joel says about handmaidens !

Love in Christ,

Deborah

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
King James
Posted : 23 Jul, 2008 02:35 PM

So, it is "King Bruce of the forum", ehh? no longer "King Jesus" I don't think so, as I recall King Saul.

Can I call you Brother Bruce?

Thanks for the facts on the NIV!

:angel:

Susan

Page : 1 2 3