Author Thread: Strongholds in our lives...
Admin

Strongholds in our lives...
Posted : 11 Aug, 2008 09:34 AM

Strongholds in our lives can be good or bad depending on what type of stronghold it is...In Samuel 23, David is running from Saul on a constant basis. Allegorically speaking Saul reminds me of Satan in this passage. David is building one stronghold after another to prevent being captured by Saul.

I am sure that David grew weary of the battle. Just like we do in our spiritual and natural lives. It is so amazing how God puts people in our lives to help us see the big picture and know that what we are fighting for is a worthy cause. Jonnathan was David's friend and confidante. He was David's encourager and kept David reminded of his goal and that he , Jonathan, would be besided him till the end and the end would be victorious. In David's quest to do good and bring salvation to those encircled by the enemy, Saul was always out to destroy him. In this particular chapter we see David in the wilderness (which we sometimes have to go through) , running around a mountain with Saul hot on his heals and hope almost gone but how (I believe) that God created a diversion (David's prayer) with the Phillistines, which diverted Sauls attention off of David and what seemed to be a hopeless situation became a way of escape. The mountain was labeled Sela Hammahlekoth "rock of parting or escape." I feel that David's carnal stronghold (evil) was his fear of Saul but when he gave it all to God then God became his spiritual stronghold (good) and his salvation.

I want this day to be entrenched with the the stronghold of God in my life. For him to be my high tower and protector in the time of trouble...a place to run into and be safe is more than I can sometimes comprehend but so necessary for my existence. Let not evil strongholds keep us away from the arms of God and keep us running in circles in the dessert. Today is the day to break away from those influences ( evil strongholds) that keep us caught in a web of deceit because we might not have tomorrow! I just wanted to share and pray for you. God spoke this so strongly to me and I love Him so much. May you be blessed today with all the good things of God and may any battle you have to face this week become victorious through the God of our Salvation, Jesus Christ, our Rock of Escape!

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2008 10:24 AM

Great timing on this one! Not ready to discuss it at this time. But I will give you a little testimony!:applause:

My friend, sister in Christ, and dance mentor is presently not attending church. The church she was attending and ministering turned kind of cult like. Requiring her to sign a covenant which had things directly contrary to scripture regarding the Pastor who calls himself an apostle (but he doesn't go anywhere or have...anyway) She opposed him, wouldn't sign (concerned w/spiritual ramifications). He told the congregation and the 12 member dance ministry to not associate with her. A minister of dance (ballet style, very modest attire), tamborine and banners, isn't very welcome in the body of Christ in today's ministry. So, she has been out of church not out of fellowship though because we (her friends) are over her house speaking of the scriptures. She is such a loving person really demonstrates the fruit of the spirit...:buddies:

Saturday night around 8:00pm PST, I quoted this story to her! Pointing out that David had to hide out in caves and even the enemies territory finding it safer then the kingdom because of Saul. Of course, he was still accomplishing GOD's will battling the enemies of Israel.

Rejection and fury from those in leadership can be particularly challenging to ones faith. And when it comes, through one we consider to be a family member (Saul, a father figure as well as king) and powerful leader, it can be devastating. Thank GOD for His WORD to shore-up the faith of those going through such a trial and testing, demonstrating how to walk it?

So, again great timing; I look forward to sharing this post discussions w/her!

:prayingf:

Susan

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2008 05:46 PM

This is amazing Susie. It was Saturday night that God gave me this and I was reading before I went to sleep and just rejoiced in my Spirit. Sometime around 10:30p-11:00. I don't know if we're in the same time zone. it really doesn't matter but I will pray for your friend. I so love the Lord and He always comes through in the nick of time for all of us, praise His Holy Name!

Robin

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2008 06:13 PM

It is a 3 hr time difference. She arrived at my house around 6:00pm and stayed until about 8:30. So, the timing was definitely God's for the purpose of encouragement and edification of the saints. Thanks for being faithful to the calling to post.

I shared the post with her. She is rejoicing at the message of the LORD being confirmed. Living in the caves when you and anointed to live in the kingdom and palace can be tough. What training David endured. What patience he displayed. What an example he left for us. No wonder he knew how to worship with such abandonment of protocal.

Praise GOD for His ways of escape through the Rock which is Christ Jesus our LORD!

Always coveting those prayers,

Thanks!

Susan

BTW My 8 children are gone at Christian camp ministering (3) or visiting their dad (5)this week, so, remember that warning for the forum while your daughters were gone, and potential over posting....you might want to pray, I am running out of things I desire to do around here.:ROFL:

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2008 06:07 AM

hummm, hummm, :prayingm::prayingm::prayingm::prayingm:

Good deal,,,, I will have to keep that in my noggin.....

Strongholds good and bad ones,,,, :MrT::MrT::MrT:

still thinking,,,, huh,,,, yeap,,, their it is,,,, recorded now,,,,

I think I am a believer,,,,,,

Go Johnathan oh friend of David,, blood brothers till the end!

,,,,,,,,,,,,, Bruce,,,,,,,,,,,,, :peace: o,,u,,t,,!!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2008 06:08 AM

You are so...funny...! Eight children...Wow! An empty house would certainly be a "let-down!" Sounds like you need a camp out! Take care, really, and enjoy your break!

I'll keep you lifted up! lol

Robin

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2008 08:20 AM

StrongholdS! Back on topic? Sorry, I derailed it.

stronghold

One entry found.

stronghold

Main Entry: strong�hold

Pronunciation: ˈstrȯŋ-ˌhōld

Function: noun

Date: 15th century

1: a fortified place

2 a: a place of security or survival b: a place dominated by a particular group or marked by a particular characteristic

Spiritual: THE LORD is our refuge and our strong tower.

Susan

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Aug, 2008 04:47 AM

Strong's Hebrew Lexicon Search Results

In the Hebrew

Result of search for "stronghold":

1225 bitstsarown bits-tsaw-rone' masculine intensive from 1219; a fortress:--stronghold.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also in the Greek

4526 micgereth mis-gheh'-reth from 5462; something enclosing, i.e. a margin (of a region, of a panel); concretely, a stronghold:--border, close place, hole.

good day,,, Bruce,,,

oops,,, one last deffinition,, my former,,he he :ROFL:

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

ok, just kidding,, dont get down on me,,, I am having a great day and me and my former are friends and she would laugh also,,,,

................ Bruce,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :peace: O,,U,,T,,!!

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Aug, 2008 08:19 AM

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

It is hard when the LORD allows one of these moods to get a hold of our spirit.

Probably trying to medicate us or bring healing to our mind, hearts, and bones.

You seem to pull it off well, am I not putting enough :ROFL:?

I tend to only put seven because it is the number for perfection, right?:excited:

Oh my perhaps, I will just have to start

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

instead?

Thanks for the "LEXICON"

I like to:

:dancingp::dancingp::dancingp::dancingp::dancingp::dancingp::dancingp:

TOO!

Susan

:peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Aug, 2008 01:24 PM

Do you know how hard it is to count them when they're moving....Math is just not my thing...especially when it's moving...I'll leave it to you and hedgedweller....You know I just "had" to count them to see if there were seven....!!!lol

robin

Revelation22

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Aug, 2008 04:21 PM

I'll go with strawberi****** I failed math and am a newbie as well; so on this thread I'll be mum.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

:rocknroll:revelation22

Page : 1 2