Author Thread: Christians should also write non-gospel songs
Admin

Christians should also write non-gospel songs
Posted : 12 Mar, 2010 07:22 AM

I admire Carrie Underwood for singing gospel songs in a secular world. Talk about not hiding your light under the table! If we could only have more artists like her in the secular scene, the Kingdom of God will really grow.

Gospel songs are great for our personal consumption, but it doesn't help non-believers. We have to go OUT into the world and shine the light of Christ for them to see; not to make our own little world and entertain ourselves 'till Christ comes back.

Don't get me wrong, gospel artists are doing a great job, but what the world needs right now are christians who are willing to glorify God in the presence of non-believers. We are in the world but not of it.

I'm just thinking out loud. What do you think?

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2010 12:35 PM

I think Christian music is for Christians. If you want to reach out to the world you have to go out there and get in the dirt of their lives with them, just like Jesus has done and I doubt that singing a pretty Gospel song is going to make a difference to them. They need to see the power of God displayed in actions of love that resolve their problems, restore their hope and instill peace in their lives. Singing a song won't do that. I'm a Christian musician and songwriter and I don't write Christian songs so I can sit on a street corner and sing them to the world. They have no idea what I'm singing about.

Thunder

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2010 08:33 AM

Thanks Thunder for your input. I believe u are being lead by God to do what u were destined to do so keep up the good work man.

Looking forward to sharing more with u Thunder.:peace:

Dahlee

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2010 05:49 PM

Hi BBT( Big Brother Thunder )

Faith comes from hearing and hearing by the words of God And I do believe what the bible says that the words of God wont come back to him empty. Yeah of course, at first christians wont really listen to gospel music , but as they will always hear them, just like seeds planted and watered it will truly grow in their hearts. Some will planted them in their hearts , some will water them and some will harvest them later. It is not our part to convert but we must do what Jesus said," Go and preach the gospel" and we can do it if we share the gospel thru music . Maybe you just didnt see the immediate effect of the gospel music you have composed to those people who have heard your gospel songse but maybe some of them really struck with your songs but you just do not know it.