Author Thread: The Measure Of Love
Epang

View Profile
History
The Measure Of Love
Posted : 26 Aug, 2010 06:53 AM

While visiting a Christian's home,I saw these words displayed on a wall plaque;''You love Jesus only as much as you love the person you love the least.''I squirmed at those revealing words.Later i found similar words in 1John 4:20,''He who does not love his brother whom he has seen,how can he love GOD whom he has not seen?''In 1John 4:10 we learn that the key to knowing love isn't found in our love for GOD,but rather in His love for us.He showed the depth of His love in Jesus' sacrificial death for our sins.That our example.''If God so loved us,we also ought to love one another.

Now when i fail to love others,I seek GOD's forgiveness.I ask Him to help me show to others the kind of love He showed me.Do you long to love Jesus more?Start with loving the people around you,Remember,love for Jesus and love for others always go together. :hearts:

''Unfailing is GOD's matchless love,so kind,so pure,so true;

And those who draw upon that love,Show Christ in all they do.''

:glow:

happyjer2911

View Profile
History
The Measure Of Love
Posted : 27 Aug, 2010 08:33 AM

Thank you for the reminder of loving everybody around us. Christian are not asked to like everybody but to love them. This messege came in and struck my heart. We all can think of somebody that we are not loving. :hearts:

Epang

View Profile
History
The Measure Of Love
Posted : 29 Aug, 2010 07:19 AM

your welcome my friend,We abide in Christ's love when we show love to others.Jesus made this clear when He said ,''If you keep My commandments,you will abide in My love....This is my commandment,that you love one another as I have loved you.Greater love has no one than this,than to lay down one's life for his friends''.

We feel the warmth of Christ's love when we obey His commandment to love and serve others.Thats the way to stay in the sunshine.

''Our love for GOD is seen in our love for others.''