Author Thread: Bible reading & memorizing scripture
Admin

Bible reading & memorizing scripture
Posted : 24 Oct, 2007 08:50 PM

As I said, I was raised a catholic but never remember Bible reading growing up. I knew it wasn't the right religion for me, long story, so encourage daughters as they got older it was most important to be christian. The point is, in my search, in the past 1 1/2 is when I reall started Bible reading and it it much harder to start memorizing scripture at this stage of life, but in recent few months I have come to understand the importance to memorize is to have arrmor to protect ourselves from those who continue to try to lead us astray. What's silly is: I think I need to get music CD's with scripture...I learn better with music as I found out when helping teach a Sunday school class this past summer...:rolleyes: any other ideas on memorizg scripture?

Thanks and God Bless your responses :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2007 10:18 AM

Hello~

Music is an awesome way to memorize things....even the timestables!!!! Music has a rythme to it and therefore we can learn it easier. I agree with you!!!

Marty

princersilver

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Nov, 2007 12:29 PM

try this.. since you said that u were once a catholic.. try studying one of their doctrines, for example.. the papacy.. and look for the bible verses that refutes their claims. every time you find a verse, it will stick in your mind like a magnet.. knowing that someday you will need to use it if you'll be witnessing to a roman catholic.