Author Thread: Vatican Calls For New World Economic Order
Admin

Vatican Calls For New World Economic Order
Posted : 25 Oct, 2011 04:33 AM

"The Vatican called Monday for radical reform of the world's financial systems, including the creation of a global political authority to manage the economy. A proposal by the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace calls for a new world economic order based on ethics and the "achievement of a universal common good." It follows Pope Benedict XVI's 2009 economic encyclical that denounced a profit-at-all-cost mentality as responsible for the global financial meltdown.

The proposal acknowledges, however, that a "long road still needs to be traveled before arriving at the creation of a public authority with universal jurisdiction" and suggests the reform process begin with the United Nations as a point of reference. Vatican pronouncements on the economy are meant to guide world leaders as well as the global church. United States Roman Catholic bishops, for example, have released a voter guide for the 2012 election that highlights social concerns such as ending poverty.

It is an exercise of responsibility not only toward the current but above all toward future generations, so that hope for a better future and confidence in human dignity and capacity for good may never be extinguished," the document said. It highlights that reforms must assure that financial and monetary policies will not damage the weakest economies while also achieving fair distribution of the world's wealth.

The proposal also called for a "minimum, shared body of rules to manage the global financial market," lamenting the "overall abrogation of controls" on capital movements. While past Vatican pronouncements have condemned unfettered capitalism, the latest criticized "an economic liberalism that spurns rules and controls." It also attacked "utilitarian thinking," saying what is useful to the individual does not always favor the common good."

source- Fox News

----------

I'll give it a few years or less before this prophecy becomes a reality.

mountainjen

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2011 03:53 PM

another reminder that we're living in the end time.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2011 08:16 PM

Praise God he said when you see theses things know that i am close even at the door. Matthew 24;2-14 Praise God for ever. :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2011 01:07 PM

YaY!!!! we have neither faith nor trust in money anyway:applause:

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2012 01:55 PM

I don't know how many of you follow European events, but those who do will be aware of the common currency which all European Union members are required to accept. This "Euro" currency has been adopted by several countries (Republic of Ireland, Greece, etc.) and replaced their own national currency. So far, we in Britain have resisted replacing the pound sterling with the currency, despite a lot of arm-twisting of (and by) our own politicians.

Whilst the aim was laudable that people wouldn't need to change currencies and pay commission when travelling between member countries, having a common currency has been a millstone around the necks of several countries - Greece being the one in the news recently - because the rates, etc. are a one-size-fits-all which only works in a few locations.

Whilst this has been bad news for all but a few European countries, it should make other nations around the world think twice before doing the same...

wonderinghow

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2012 10:17 AM

Avoiding truth -

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation before investigation" - Edmund Spencer

Watch this video on youtube:

9-11 Beyond a Reasonable Doubt.

I served too.

wonderinghow

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2012 10:17 AM

Avoiding truth -

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation before investigation" - Edmund Spencer

I served too.

wonderinghow

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2012 10:18 AM

Avoiding truth -

I served too.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2013 10:37 PM

Another easy question to answer...

Simple.

The fact that ANY pluralities (hmmm... did I just create a word?) is evidence that what it is that is sought is NOT what God had intended for our society, race, destiny... how ever you wish to phrase it.

Everyone wants a pile of 'minds' to make for a democratic process to govern us.

As a Godly man - I know that there is only ONE WAY that the world will come to be the kingdom that the Lord intended (and will see)... and that my friends - is with a King.

A single ruling 'head' of the entire thing - someone whos motives are as pure as they can be... basically - God.