Author Thread: The affect or effect of the news on us
Admin

The affect or effect of the news on us
Posted : 17 Jan, 2012 11:09 AM

Watching the news

I watched an episode of "Enjoying everyday life" with joyce meyer. If you havent seen this recent episode she read a news paper on stage and read new event headlines.

She said "no wonder we are the way we are, if we are reading this junk."

We are supposed to think on 'whatever things are pure, whatever things are of good report, etc.' (not an exact quote, my paraphrasing.)

I wonder if we are all drama queens etc. Or if not that we just get so USED to the drama that is in our lives that we dont know what to do without it when things go right. I am in therapy and one thing the social worker in there says is that some chose misery and that sometimes when we have no chaos we create the chaos. Is it because we are so used to it? IDK. Is that statement true? That we really can create chaos?

Not everyone does, i'm just saying its something to think about.

Sarah :)

View Profile
History
The affect or effect of the news on us
Posted : 11 Mar, 2012 01:34 PM

Yes Sarah, it is something to think about.

I agree with the statement. We do create chaos, it is apparent with the news we are exposed to. Both those involved and the messengers are guilty of creating the chaos through their actions and miscommunication. Since we are born of a sinful nature, our flesh and other spiritual influences work to create chaos and destruction in our lives and others�. But by the grace and love of Jesus Christ, we don�t have to continue doing so- we are saved by Him and are not condemned to a dark life of chaos.

The Scripture you mentioned, Philippians 4:8-9, ( �8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9Those things which ye have both learned and received and heard and seen in me, do; and the God of peace shall be with you.�) shows us that the things we dwell on, if positive and godly, will allow God Himself and His peace to be manifest amongst us. Imagine, if we were always positive and upbeat, reflecting on the blessings of our Lord, how much at peace we would be; chaos would have no place in our lives.

Keeping this in mind, when we observe the news, and think about it, we should focus on the positives. If we become impassioned about certain current events and/or developments, we should first and foremost, put it in prayer and seek His Will on it. Focusing on the good that He will do, or even the good that He will have you do about it, will enable us not only to grow stronger with Him, but bring about good to others too.

Anyway, thank you for bringing this point up. God Bless you, Sarah!