Author Thread: Whoa... new definitions added!
GraceMae

View Profile
History
Whoa... new definitions added!
Posted : 9 Dec, 2009 08:28 PM

I heard on the news a few weeks of some of the new definitions added to our key dictionaries. I'm amazed, just amazed! OR am I just so gracefully aged that I can't comprehend it all?

Check these out!

Sexting: (a portmanteau of sex and texting) is the act of sending sexually explicit messages or photos electronically, primarily between cell phones.

Note: My "jaw" dropped!!!!!!!!

Blamestorming: A method of collectively finding one to blame for a mistake no one is willing to confess to. Often occurs in the form of a meeting of colleagues at work, gathered to decide who is to blame for a screw up.

Gaydar: A homosexual person's ability to identify another person as homosexual by interpreting subtle signals conveyed by their appearance, interests, etc.

Grrrl: A young woman regarded as independent and strong or aggressive, especially in her attitude to men or in her sexuality.

Unfriend: To remove someone as a friend on a social networking site such as Facebook.

I'm in awe at most of these. Well... I'm still learning as our world continues to exist!

*GraceMae

View Profile
History
Whoa... new definitions added!
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 09:24 PM

I think its just a sign of the times we live in GraceMae

In Christ

Steve