Author Thread: Government Gets a Bonus! :D
Admin

Government Gets a Bonus! :D
Posted : 24 Mar, 2011 08:34 PM

That's right! The US Government did SUCH a great job last year that even retired politicians were able to give their staff bonuses and raises of up to 120% of their salary!

Alright, time to get serious. Marak's on a rampage tonight!

So, I am not one to scream anarchy needlessly but I think it is time to start a revolution. It has been stated by a previous President, you MIGHT know him as a formal General of a certain unauthorized military force, that in order for a nation to keep its government in check an armed rebellion would have to occur once every 5 years or so. And to varying degrees, this was successful. There were a few instances where armed rebellion was taken a little to far over situations that really didn't warrant drunken rednecks picking up their rifles. But they did and all was well. America remembered its roots and the government knew we weren't afraid to bust a cap where a cap needed to be busted.

So time passed and our beloved rednecks calmed down a bit (if you can ignore a 'civil' war.... Which some try to.) so the government began to forget. They forgot where we came from. They forgot their duties. They forgot their laws.

I suppose this isn't entirely their fault, I mean how can they be expected to remember all of that? I mean, they have to fulfill all those promises they made to get elected in the first place. How can they put a nation before all of those companies?!?! Why should we be so selfish as to not pay off THEIR debt?

You may not a subtle hint of sarcasm. Not to worry. It is only a puddle right now; it will be much worse when I am done.

So, here is my thought.... If we can afford to give bonuses in the MILLIONS and still afford to give raises after that, why the hell are we in a 'recession?' Hell, why not just come right out and say it.

WE ARE IN THE SECOND DEPRESSION.

Face facts. We are broke. Hell, we are BEYOND broke. If America was a 20 year old and asked to borrow money from their momma, she would slap them so hard across the face that their ears would bleed. And then she would go on to tell them how she can't afford to support our bad spending habits and keep a roof over her own head to.

Then she would slap us again.

That's a good momma by the way, slap your irresponsible children. God knows we have enough running around right now....

Back on topic; America couldn't get a loan from a mobster. Putting America down as a co-signer would have a dealership laugh you off of the property. America isn't even trusted to window shop anymore; everyone knows we couldn't afford it anyways.

And yet our government sees fit to not only give themselves golden handshakes and pats on the back, they have to continue to screw us over! Our debt has TRIPLED in the past four years. This isn't from previous issues either. This amount of inflated debt can only be attained actively.

Now, I am not going to point any fingers.... Especially because we Americans have voted in the problems.... But we need to face facts. Career politicians are crooked, two-faced, scum sucking pigs and have no right taking OUR hard earned money and screwing us over with it.

I am 19 years old, going to be 20 here shortly, and I can say with no hesitation that the money I put into medicare and Social Security will not be there for me when I need it. It isn't there for me now. My household only makes so much money, barely enough to get by honestly, and I am denied medicare for problems that have been ailing me for up to 5 years. I am close to having lockjaw because I still need all four of my wisdom teeth removed. I have problems with my lower back that I can't even get resolved. I haven't even SEEN a doctor in about 3 years. So you sure as hell know I am past due for a physical.

TL;DR Version

I am nearly 20 years old and I will be working for the rest of my life or I will die hungry and homeless.

Welcome to America. We did this to ourselves.

And if you disagree, X marks the spot and your vote counts.

View Profile
History
Government Gets a Bonus! :D
Posted : 28 Apr, 2011 03:44 PM

It's not just politicians giving themselves and friends raises. I just read today about a public hospital adminstrator who's getting so much money in retirement benefits that the hospital has to pay him from several accounts (so they won't run afoul of the IRS).

Did you know Congress is exempt from many of the laws it passes--including the 'healthcare' law?

Many of the governmental agencies are duplicates of each other.

How do we change this? Voting is a great start. There's a Presidential election next year. Some of our Congressional representatives and other officials are also up for re-election. I'm encouraging all of my brothers and sisters to register to vote (if you haven't done so already) and go vote.