Author Thread: the gift
Admin

the gift
Posted : 4 Sep, 2012 05:04 AM

Just a thought:

what is the most importart God's gift to us?

And then, what is the biggest gift whom a man can do?

View Profile
History
the gift
Posted : 5 Sep, 2012 03:32 AM

Ooh, You're Italian.. Ciao. :)

The Lord gave us all different gifts, no one more important than another. Spiritual discernment by the Holy Spirit is very useful though.

It could be put it on your heart to minister to someone, you could feel led to feed hungry, or helping to heal and pray for the sick.

Mark 16:14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

View Profile
History
the gift
Posted : 5 Sep, 2012 10:00 AM

Maybe I read your post upside-down, Gabriele2, and MsMarvel answered your question as you meant it. Still, 1 Peter 1:3 came to mind;

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,"

It's almost like Sunday school, and one of the kids is saying "God/Jesus/Bible!" to answer every question. But what I hear from this passage, from Romans 3:21-26, and Ephesians 1:3-10, is that Jesus actually is God's greatest gift to us.

What can we do? Maybe the best we can do is to accept God's gift, as he means us to. Maybe preaching the gospel is part of that. What do you think?

View Profile
History
the gift
Posted : 5 Sep, 2012 12:33 PM

thanks, for your reply. I'll write something soon.

Now I've just a thought: MsMarvel speaks about talents (and she says much more) and you reflect on Jesus, as the biggest gift.

I can add: the Heaven ? our Faith? I'm sure our faith is a bigger gift than our life...

MsMarvel says also there are a lot of God gifts... the Eden was a gift, but probably less important than Jesus. Or maybe the Love of God is the biggest one. Then we can speak about the Providence, another gift...

all these my words seem random... but they're like pieces of a puzzle. The puzzle is the Truth,and I don't know the Truth but I know that Jesus is the Truth, the Life, and the Way.

(PS: I'm sorry, English isn't my first language)

simplyme_jaz

View Profile
History
the gift
Posted : 5 Sep, 2012 06:47 PM

For me is our Spiritual Gifts and abilities....But am very much agreed to bloodnok that most important and greatest gift of God to us is the free gift of salvation...

To add more Scripture on what Msmarvel mentioned are the following:There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men.

{I Corinthians 12:4-6}

We have different gifts according to the grace given us. If a man�s gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve, if it is teaching, let him teach, if it is encouraging, let him encourage, if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously, if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.

{Romans 12:6-8}

To answer your second question: All those Gifts are big and important,but we must dedicate our gifts to God�s service and not for our own self-seeking service or personal success. I believe the more we use our gifts to do the will of God the more He blesses us with abundance, prosperity, and knowledge. {To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness.

Ecclesiastes 2:26}We first must be gifted with an ability to be able to apply that gift into service efficiently.

Accomplishments should never be praised by oneself but by the power of God working in us. Without God we would not be able to accomplish such work because He is the one who enriched us with gifts and talents in the first place. {For in God you have been enriched in every way � in all your speaking and in all your knowledge.

Corinthians 1:5}

Praise God for all of these:applause:

Jaz

View Profile
History
the gift
Posted : 5 Sep, 2012 10:12 PM

Dude, please don't be sorry about that. I'm grateful that your English is as good as it is :-). May I also ask what makes you sure that our faith is a bigger gift than our life? That puzzle of truth sounds good, too - sounds like you're onto something.

View Profile
History
the gift
Posted : 5 Sep, 2012 10:28 PM

I write now the prayer (written by a priest) that arose my question.

because I think: if we "must" work hard, maybe it's because there is a big gift to "conquer"...the heaven?

but then I read your words........and I can say, yes, maybe the heaven isn't the biggest gift, but the possibility to believe in God is the big gift ? so if we are Christians it's only because God with His infinite love, gave us Jesus. We are christians because missionaries have done a "good work"...so I'm agree with you when you say about Holy Spirit (and Jesus). Thanks.

I've understood that Heaven isn't the biggest,,,but the biggest is "the possibility to go in Heaven"= Believe in the Holy Spirit.

"we work hard �

we, and not others;

only we, and not others;

neither who is on, nor who is down;

Neither who believes, nor who doesn�t believe;

we work hard,

wthout expect that others works hard,

with us or for themselves,

With us or in other way.

we work hard,

without judge who doesn�t work hard,

without accuse who doesn�t work hard

without condemn who doesn�t work hard

Without seek why doesn�t work hard.

the world moves itself if we move

changes itself if we change

Makes itself new if someone becomes new creature

the spring begins with the first flower

the night with the first star

the river with the first water�s drop

The love with the first pawn

we work hard

because we believe in love

the only certainty that doesn�t be afraid comparisons

the only that is enough

to work hard forever"

thanks to: MSmarvel, Bloodnok,

simplyme_jaz and others (if they'll be)

View Profile
History
the gift
Posted : 5 Sep, 2012 10:34 PM

Oh, yes, you can do that question...

I don't have an anwer. but I feel that...the time of life can be 2 years, 10 years, 40 years or 90.

So, find soon the meaning of life it's better, I think.

but if you aren't agree, this can be another important question you can ask in the forum :)

bye