Author Thread: a sin of pride?
Admin

a sin of pride?
Posted : 7 Sep, 2012 12:43 AM

I've a doubt: is it correct put ourselves on probation to verify or check our Faith? or we can say the "daily problems" are sufficient.

The first example I have in my mind: to be engaged with an atheist person can be considered a probation to check...? or simply an error? or a I don't know what. but probably there are so many other examples.

bye

View Profile
History
a sin of pride?
Posted : 9 Sep, 2012 07:21 PM

I'm sorry mate, but I don't think I understand your question. Do you mean that you wouldn't know how to deal with something in your life if you weren't sure whether God approves of it? Do you mean something else?

View Profile
History
a sin of pride?
Posted : 9 Sep, 2012 10:25 PM

God says to you that do certain thing is wrong.

and you know that God has reason, and you don't like that thing.

but someday you ask yourself: I may do that wrong thing to check-see at myself and God that I don't like it really.

Can you understand now? I'm sorry

View Profile
History
a sin of pride?
Posted : 10 Sep, 2012 08:11 AM

That's much clearer, thanks!

I like to go back to the bible at times like this. Here's 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 (NIV):

"For Christ�s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again."

What do you think that means for the question you're asking?

View Profile
History
a sin of pride?
Posted : 10 Sep, 2012 09:51 AM

thanks to you, first of all.

then, the key seems to be "live not for myself"... so I think that all these KIND of questions, like this I've done in the forum, haven't a value...because they don't derive from God. so they are only a sign of the human's pride...the pride to think to be better... or "similar" at God . is it correct this thought?

View Profile
History
a sin of pride?
Posted : 11 Sep, 2012 11:15 PM

I don't know if this thought of yours is correct. You are right, in that just asking questions isn't enough to make us right with God. But I do know that it takes humility to say what you just said, and humility is a gift from God. It's a great place to start.

Look at what verse 15 says again:

"And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again."

This verse seems to say that the one to live for is Jesus. Do you think it's possible to ask the kind of questions you've been asking to learn how to live for Jesus better?

View Profile
History
a sin of pride?
Posted : 12 Sep, 2012 02:47 AM

in your last question, there is the answer...

yes what you say it's true,

my personal answer is that I must accept only what God gives me daily . becuase if I put myself in "probation", it would be only personal pride. the confine is fine and dangerous.