Author Thread: Am I really crazy?
Admin

Am I really crazy?
Posted : 23 Dec, 2008 05:49 PM

I feel that my mission is to work with abused teens. My medium for change will be abused draft horses. They are so large, but so intelligent. I would like the teens to rehabilitate the horses. I would like them to see the parallels between them and the horse as we work them in the round pen and eventually train the horses to be ridden.

I know that I will face many challenges. Horses are large and dangerous, especially horses that are not mentally stable.

My family is not supportive of my dream at all. They think it is impossible.

Am i really insane to think that this is my mission?

View Profile
History
Am I really crazy?
Posted : 23 Dec, 2008 06:37 PM

Dear sister,

Nothing the Lord calls us to do is insane. Now, before you proceed, you need to determine if it is God or you that want this. I am NOT saying that if it is you, it is wrong. Just that it will be much harder. Many times God will allow us to do things to help others because it is something WE want to do. But there is a difference between what God allows, and what He ordains.

When I first started in ministry, I did prison ministry because I have a real love for it. I thought it was ordained by God, until He told me it was time to move on. Then I learned the difference between allowed and ordained. When I started Evangelizing, every door opened before I even knocked. People lined up to donate time, money, equipment, whatever I needed. Newspapers and radio stations ran free ads about services, without question. Pastors offered churches and sound equipment. It was amazing what a difference there was. Also people lined up to join in and help.

Counseling is a difficult thing to do. I do quite a bit this time of year, but there are things the classes don't teach you.

Within 5 minutes of starting to counsel someone, they will ask you if you have ever been through what you are trying to help them with. If you have not, I would advise not using the standard answer they teach in school. They will tear you apart for it. Get your own personal answer ready. If you want them to open up to you, you have to start it by opening up to them. The hard part is keeping your sanity. The only way to help is to feel their pain, but when you do, it can be overwhelming. I counsel several former counselors, so be aware of the dangers up front.

God's favor in your choice,

Leon

jezcie

View Profile
History
Am I really crazy?
Posted : 23 Dec, 2008 11:30 PM

if they think it is impossible, then God will make it possible for u. :prayingf:

View Profile
History
Am I really crazy?
Posted : 16 Jan, 2009 06:15 PM

Your totally not crazy! I think that is an amazing idea! You should totally do it. I'm pretty sure that that idea was inspired by God. You have nothing to lose..go for it!

evona

View Profile
History
Am I really crazy?
Posted : 30 Jan, 2009 07:24 PM

I believe God will reveal you what is the right thing to do.

Be patient and seek His word daily.

Pray for endurance,patience and a willing heart to heed His will.

It is a marvelous idea and God knows what you need to do this.

I will pray for you sister

God bless you

love in Jesus barbara:waving:

Nesaida

View Profile
History
Am I really crazy?
Posted : 4 Feb, 2009 03:21 PM

Blessings my sister! Today I was browsing around the forums and read your entry. A while after as I was doing my reading on a study book I'm doing with my small group from church I read something that reminded me of you. I would like to share it with you if you will. The study book is called "Experiencing God" by Henry & Richard Blackaby Claude King, page 159.

"When God invites you to join Him, the task will have such God-sized dimensions that it will cause you to experience a crisis of belief. Your response will require faith. Faith will be demonstrated by action. The first thing you will do is adjust your life to God. The second step will be to obey what God asks you to do. You cannot go on to obedience without first making the necessary adjustments."

Page 161

"After you make the necessary adjustments, He will tell you what to do next to obey Him. When you follow Him, you will experience Him doing through you something only He can do."

Yes, I agree with your family on one and only one thing, the task is impossible. It is impossible for the ones that have little or no faith. It is indeed a God-sized task my dear, and if God has placed this in your heart it's because He knows He can accomplish it through you!!! To Him be the glory! For to Him nothing is impossible.

If it is confirmation you seek from God on His plan, then go to Him and ask point blank. Fast and pray! The Lord will answer and will confirm through others. The answers will unfold right before you. Trust in the Lord with all your might and He will reveal His plan to you.

My prayer for you:

Father in heaven, I come before you with rust in my heart that you will hear my prayer. I lift up my sister in prayer, Lord, so You may reveal to her exactly what it is that You would have her do. She needs confirmation of the plans you have set in her heart and I ask that you increase her faith greatly, oh Lord! May the voice of the Holy Spirit be heard loud and clear so that she may have no doubts what so ever of your will. Give her a double portion of anointing and clear vision of the path she is to walk with you. In the name of Jesus I ask! AMEN

This is what the Lord put in my heart to do for you my dear sister. May He bless you and your family...

Much love,

Nesaida

Nesaida

View Profile
History
Am I really crazy?
Posted : 5 Feb, 2009 12:54 PM

Exodus 33:13

"Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way"

View Profile
History
Am I really crazy?
Posted : 7 Feb, 2009 09:26 PM

Sounds like a great idea....not just for abused teens but for all teens really.

I think what you are proposing would give a lot of teens insights into things that they never saw before.

:bouncy::bouncy:

View Profile
History
Am I really crazy?
Posted : 13 Sep, 2009 05:03 AM

God has given me a heart for missions. I really want to go on a missions trip somewhere don't know where yet. I am waiting on God