Author Thread: Spirit of Anti-Christ As Another Jesus Instead of the Real One
Admin

Spirit of Anti-Christ As Another Jesus Instead of the Real One
Posted : 28 Jul, 2011 03:00 AM

This is in response to the posts by RKForJesus, "Flood" and "Characteristics of Pharisees."

That was very good, pointing out the flood as a metaphor in Daniel 9: 26. I had not noticed

that before RKForJesus pointed it out.

The flood of Daniel 9: 26 and Revelation 12: 15 is in large part the lies coming out of the mouths of the present day Pharisees who are inspired by the dragon.

A few days ago I happened to look up the meaning of anti-Christ in Strong's Exhaustive Concordance. Like many others, I had assumed the spirit of anti-Christ, from I John 2: 18-19 and 4: 3, refers to the rejection of Jesus Christ who as fully God come in man's flesh.

Anti-Christ is Strong's number 500, but there it refers the reader to number 473, anti, and 5547, Christos.

Number 473, anti is said to mean "opposite, instead of, in addition to, to denote contrast, substitution..."

So the spirit of anti-Christ can mean the substitution of another Jesus instead of the real Jesus. In II Corinthians 11: 4 Paul writes that "For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."

But he says something stronger in Galatians 1: 8, "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."

The present day Pharisees are preaching another Jesus, instead of the real one, and so are operating in the spirit of anti-Christ.

This meaning of the anti-Christ spirit makes it more evident that those who are preaching another Jesus and another Gospel, which is a return in various degrees to the Old Covenant, are setting up an end time apostasy which will persecute those who do not agree with it. Those who say Christians are the chosen people (I Peter 2:9) and not unsaved Jews may be the ones who will be persecuted, but some of these who affirm Christians are the chosen of God will be under the protection of the Lord according to Luke 21: 36

View Profile
History
Spirit of Anti-Christ As Another Jesus Instead of the Real One
Posted : 28 Jul, 2011 10:29 AM

Great post Halfback!

The "anti-christ" or the spirit of the "anti-christ" is definitely not the right name for the "Beast" of Revelation!

Rev 13:16,17: "He {The False Prophet} forced everyone... to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead. No one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the *BEAST* or the number of his name {666}. 666 is called a "BEAST" 36 {6x6} times in Revelation. The **BEAST** is a much better name than the "anti-christ" since the "anti-christ is mentioned 5 times in God's Word {I John 2:18{2X}, 22; 4:3; 2 John 1:7} and each time the word encompasses *ALL* who are against Christ.� Such as I John 2:18: "Even now many anti-christs have come."�

����� 666 is referred to in the MASCULINE gender 28 times and the Beast is never referred to in the feminine or neuter gender.� It is interesting to note that if the Beast of the end-times will be a religious organization, country or city it would be referred to in the female or neuter gender!!!� The masculine pronouns used for the Beast are "HIS" 11 times: Rev 13:1, 5,16b,18b; 14:9,11; 17:7b; 19:2; 20:4(2X) & Daniel 7:26.� "HE" 10 times: Rev 13:1;6a,7a,7; 17:8b; 17:11; 2 Thess 2:6; Daniel 7:24,25 & Daniel 9:27.�� "HIM" 5 times: Rev 13:4b; 19:20; 2 Thess 2:6; Daniel 7:25 & Daniel 9:27.� "HIMSELF" 2 times in 2 Thess 2:4.

Revelation 13:5-8: The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise his authority for 42 {30-day} months {Or 1260 days or 3 1/2 times-See Dan 7:25 & Dan 12:1,2,7b} ... He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over **EVERY** tribe, people and language and nation. *ALL* inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast--all whose names have not been written in the Book of Life belonging to the Lamb!"

However, There will be 2 comings of Jesus on the Last Day. The first will be *FOR* His saints and just after the Marriage Feast of the Lamb He will come **WITH** His saints. {See Rev 19:7,8,11,14 & Rev 17:14}

Revelation 19:19,20: "The I saw the Beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against the Rider on the horse and His army. But the Beast was captured, and with him the False Prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the Beast and worshiped his image {See Rev 13:11-17}. The *TWO* of them were thrown ALIVE into the fiery lake of burning sulfur." Rev 20:10: "And the Devil who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur where the Beast and the False Prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever!!":applause::peace: