Author Thread: DO YOU REALLY HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?...
Admin

DO YOU REALLY HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?...
Posted : 24 Feb, 2009 11:01 PM

You know, we all think we've got what it takes to be good Christians just because we believe in Jesus Christ, or we're faithful to go to church every Sunday, give our tithes and offering, ...hmmm, or we're on the deacon or usher boards, or we sing in the choir, give to charity, and on and one.

But do you really have a servant's heart as Christ has so required of us? Are we really doing those things that Christ did which proves that we are one of His children who has the mind and heart of Christ as a servant toward others?...

Listen to what Christ has to say: Matthew chapter 25

When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, the He will sit on the throne of His glory... And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left hand.

Then the King will say to those on His right hand, Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.... Because when I was hungry, you gave me food to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave Me a drink. I was a stranger, and you took Me in off the street. I was sick, and you vsited Me. I was in prison, and you came and prayed for Me.

Then the righteous will answer and say, Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and gave You a drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and gave You clothe to wear? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and came and prayed for You?

And the King will say to them, Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did these things to one of the least of these who are in need, you did it to Me...

Sisters of St. Francis has need of volunteer missionaries, men and women from age 18 and older. The volunteers are provided living quarters in each community.

Volunteers are needed in Tyler, Texas;Okolona, Mississippi, Sioux City, Iowa; San Antonio, Texas; and many other places. Short term and long term volunteer missions trips, two weeks to six months.

If you're interested and would like to serve on the missions field, this summer and/or beyond the summer. Then check out this website. Write or call for more information...

Call or vist their website today! Sign up and be blessed of the Lord... you betcha!:angel:

Sisters of St. Francis

3390 Windsor Avenue

Dubuque, Iowa 52001

(563) 583-9786

www.osfdbq.org

lifethatwins

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 03:54 PM

He has been sending me this is my third city in a few months, and I get a first hand view of poverty, and what needs to be done.Thats where a whole lot of love comes in. IVe seen so much done outside of his graciousness, and so little love. Someone needs to love these folks,and that someone is me. I need not look any futhrer, I need not find someone else, it me it me Lord fulfill you desire in me. send me send me send me

lifethatwins

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 04:40 PM

and he has and he is, third city in a few months.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2009 12:40 PM

May God continue to grant His blessing and marvelous favor to you LTW. He is so awesome in placing us where He would have us, if we but say, as Isaiah, Yes, Lord, here am I, send me. A willing heart and spirit is all required to go. This is why only a few are chosen to go, becaseu they are they who have a willing heart and spirit to surrend thier all to help others.

I always say when giving my testimony, If you ever complain and murmur about having to work hard, or about how much you work. Then you haven't been on the mission field. If you ever care to expereince REAL HARD WPRK to to the mission filed, even so, in your neighborhood and spend one day, moreover give God two days of your time. This is what REAL HARD WORK is all about.

To expecience up close and personal those who are the least of these, as Jesus speaks about in Matthew chapter 25... not at a distance as most people do, driving pass the needy oand poor or stopping on the streets to hand out a dollar or a quater. But hands on touching and hugging and speaking a kind word of encouragment and grace and love from your heart to someone, you can't find resources to provide for their needs, or enough volunteers who are willing to make the sacrifice of their time. Or knowing that this person or family needs medical attention and a nice place to live RIGHT NOW!... not later down the road, or waiting around for a place to open at a shelter, BUT TODAY! And calling around to different hospitals or shelters seeking a place to put them or to doctors who will refer to hospitals for medical care. This is hard work of the working missionaries who are RIGHT HERE IN AMERICA!

If anyone does n't believ, just take your vacation time and volunteer for a short term missions trip especiall to the back wood of Mississippi, and the Arkansas and see for yourself what's going on... spedn a week working hard! I doubt you will ever again complain about your 9 to 5 job being hard work ,or will you ever murmur about working too hard again.

I dare any of you to GO!...:glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2009 03:43 PM

GLOBAL MISSIONARIES NEEDED TO SERVICE GOD'S KINGDOM COME!

SIM (Serving In Mission)

www.sim.org

In need of Vounteer Missionaries...

Bible Teachers

English & Math Teachers

Computer Experts

Lab Techs

Doctors/urgeons

Nurses

Social Workers

And the list goes on. Take a trip over to their website.

CAP (Christian Appalachian Project)

www.christianapp.org

In need of Volunteer Missionaries and also offers Employment Opportunities.

1-800-755-5322

Christain Appaplachian Project (CAP)

4192 North Wilderness Road

Mt. Vernon, KY

AGRM (Association of Gospel Rescue Missions)

Offers Volunteer and Employment Opportunities.

www.agrm.org/agrm_index.shtml

God bless all would dare to be a Paul and step out in faith to the call on the missions field.:applause::angel::dancingp::peace:

ella

evona

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2009 01:11 PM

thank you sister

will do:waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2009 08:21 AM

Hi there Evona,

Sorry, I'm just responding to your post, but I've been VERY, VERY busy lately working with a church putting together a couple of fundraiser events. I've just completed one on March 25th, and we have another reaalllllly big one coming up on April 28th. So my time has been short of late, even for myself.lol

I do pray you will seacrh out one of the mission ministries that is suitable for you and the kind of work you do for the Lord, and be a part of God's plan for you helping others. I know you will enjoy the work.

Thanks, and keep your faith. You are such an inspirational person from your heart and will do well in missions ministry.:glow::angel:

love ya much,

ella

j35633148

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2009 08:33 AM

My name is John. I live in NY. Am very interested in Mission work but dont know much about how to go about it. I have been praying to God to guide me in this matter and he led me here. I am willing to forsake home, possesions.....any and alll things for Christ. Please direct me to a path where I can be of use. God Bless and Keep You!

John- (518) 212-5113 -

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2009 10:07 AM

Hi John,

Thank you for responding to the missions thread. You have the right attitude when considering going on the missions field. the work is hard and trying, and as Chirst as told us and is our supreme example, we cannot successfully do His will or Hiw ork, and try to do our own and hold on to THINGS.

When I first went on the missions filed, I tried to hold on to my house, fancy clothes and STUFF I had aquired when I was an entertainer in the night clubs. But it didn't work. I worried too much about what was going on with my STUFF back home, than I didi with my mission helping popel. So I had to get rid of the STUFF and THINGS in order to get into the SERVICE. And all but living as Mother Teresa... traveling from place to place. It was painful at start, but I got use to ding without my STUFF and THINGS rather quickly.

This is why Jesus told the disciples, not to take anything that would distract them AWAY from their mission, the focus MUST be on Christ and the people you serve, and not your STUFF. Paul is another great example of going without STUFF and THINGS when doing the works of ministry. Mnay people can't make that sacrifice, this is why Jesus says, Many are call (meaning we all who believe in Christ are called to serve others in fulfilling the gGreat Commisssion) But few are chosen (not many are willing to give up their STUFF nad THINGS for the cause... without looking back.

But Jesus also makes a promise for those who do, when answering Peter in Matthews chapter 19: "And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or land, for MY NMAE'S SAKE, shall receive a hundredfold AND inherit everlasting life."... sound slike a winner to me! lol

John, Please make contact with these missions and see what and where you would like to help out. I also plan to post another missions ministry in Los Angeles who is also seek servants,that I have worked with some years back. There is also much work to be done in NY as well, I'll also post some of those ministries.

Thanks again, and may God Himself direct your path.

ella

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jul, 2009 06:59 AM

we would like to service to the needypeople so plz information about this orgnization then we come to service to the people those who are in perishing wit the word of god

thanking you sister

yours in

christ

rev khandavalli john

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2009 04:13 AM

greetings to u in jesus name

thank u for encouraging message mail for ours it will be very usefull in biblical foundation sister plz sister let me plz praying for our organization what we doing in india if u want to see let us come blessed for us we dont want finacial support from like u people just we wnat to fellowship the the like mindede people they esily undertand what it the reality in social econmically backward classess so that our jesus christ also blessed his richeset blessing evonthou he was come to poor back ground we never for get the gods message how he spoken to our selves as refe rence in mathew 25 th chater also so plase praying for us come us to see what is going on india we welcome to u and praying to u

this is my personal id also [email protected]

we will praying for u plz praying for us

yours in his servent

jessiejohn

Page : 1 2 3 4