Author Thread: How does it feel being a single parent?
karleene

View Profile
History
How does it feel being a single parent?
Posted : 6 Feb, 2019 05:05 PM

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2019 02:24 AM

Its so challenging. God is our Victor, our Banner and our Standard.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2019 05:01 AM

The best gift in the world. You're the lucky one to have received the responsibility to care, show love and raise them as child of God.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Feb, 2019 03:15 AM

Yes it refreshes, but there is time when you think you need someone, a partner for life.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Feb, 2019 08:12 PM

It is extremely hard being a single parent.

My dad experienced it for a couple of years and now I am going through the experience as well after I lost my wife

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Feb, 2019 01:31 AM

As single parent you have to be so prayerful, moulding children in the house of the Lord so that the devil will not destruct their lives. You also need God to control your flesh because thats the time when your flesh fights with your spirit. We need God's grace.

dedicated2U

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Feb, 2019 02:48 AM

Hard yet rewarding. I know success stories of true prince charmings who married single moms and love the kids as their own. Praying for that. Because of being abandoned to have a caring husband that would be a great dad too to my kids is the clincher wether a guy gets into my heart or life or not.

dedicated2U

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Feb, 2019 02:50 AM

It feels also like too many times single moms are looked on as tramps when in reality any single parent is doing so much trying so hard. We need encouragement and support and love.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2019 04:02 AM

How should I pray inorder to have a man who loves me, who support my christian values, who respect me and loves my children. As for me I have prayed, I have fasted, I have talked to God so many times, so far I have not met a true christian man. All the men that have communicated with me are cheats and they only want to have sex. How can a real christian man tries to convince me that sex is a break though path to marrieage. God have mercy.

Zaginara

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2019 04:31 PM

It is a challenge. My daughter is going to be 6 in a month. Her father left because I chose to go through with my pregnancy (it was unplanned) and furthermore wanted to keep my baby. I then got married having met the man when she was 8 months old. He ended up being an abusive alcoholic and when he tried to pick her up drunk from the daycare, is the day I left him and filed for divorce. It is so hard because we are constantly having to put our child's best interest before our own. Going through my divorce was something I never wanted to do.

Being a single parent is the hardest job, especially when you are the only one providing any financial support. Many jobs are not understanding when you have to leave because what little help you can get from your family is not able to step in to care for your sick child. But I will say it is so rewarding.

My daughter and I have an amazing relationship. She knows I try my best and I will admit to her when I'm wrong and apologize. She already is understanding more about life than her classmates and when they tease her, she usually will say something along the lines of "Well my Mommy chose me and works hard for me".

In short, it is probably the hardest thing you will ever endure as parenting is already hard enough when there are two parents involved. However, it is the most rewarding thing and you may find you will have a better relationship with your child. I know that's how I felt when my mom was forced to be a single parent when my dad left us.

syntia_123

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2019 10:45 PM

Having two kid boys, I feel as strong as a man n as soft as a woman. Because I HV to be both the mother n father so that my kids don't miss anythg.

My kids are my blessings and pride, doing it all alone has never been easy wit family support.

I happily show them off to world n say," my God does not sleep".

Feel lonely at times n which to have loving life partner

Page : 1 2