Author Thread: Who you date more than one woman at a time ?
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Who you date more than one woman at a time ?
Posted : 15 Dec, 2019 07:50 AM

Is it common for most men ?

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Dec, 2019 09:11 AM

Hmmmm making the rules up as they go along strictly to benefit them, guess the stereotype IS true.....

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Dec, 2019 09:32 AM

Not making up rules at all. Just following the example of my grandparents' generation. It worked well for them.

davidnz1

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Dec, 2019 02:49 PM

I think of it as like a funnel. You start off broad and shallow and then gradually focus, moving more and more to just one person.

There is nothing wrong with casually dating more than one person to start with, and in my experience, women do this at least as much as men.

But once there is some type of expectation of exclusivity, then that needs to be honored or honestly discussed, to ensure both people are "on the same page".

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2019 06:47 AM

Nope that's a polished caricature of what happened.

What really happened is the woman dated multiple men at the same time and chose the one she wanted to end up going steady with. The men did not also date multiple woman at the same time they chose one to compete for.

Woman can multi-date that way, men can't.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2019 08:37 AM

Men can, if they want. The only thing that is stopping you is you.

I will have to ask my grandparents if men dated more than one woman at a time in their day or not.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2019 08:40 AM

I will have to ask my grandparents if men dated more than one woman at a time in their day or not.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2019 08:41 AM

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Feb, 2020 10:44 AM

HA! I haven't dated even 1 woman for the last 37 years! I think I'm pretty much a 1 woman guy especially when committed. I know women like to date as many as possible and guys are supposed to date only 1 and I would, given the opportunity.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Feb, 2020 10:48 AM

In that case make it clear from the beginning that the "relationship" is platonic with NO hope for ANY commitment EVER. You'll be doing him a favor by being honest and not giving him false expectations, but don't you get mad if he does the same thing especially at our age!

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Feb, 2020 11:57 AM

I think, it is okay to get to know multiple women at the same time. Although it can get tricky, because you have to remember many details about each person, and you better not mix those up! Don't go for a date and say, "Hi Meg!" and she says, "Wait. Who is Meg? I am Sarah." LOL

Ideally, I think, it's best to get to know lots of people. But sometimes you're going along in a friendship and the other person expects you are way ahead in the friendship. So, not everyone has the same expectations. Then when they find out that you are hanging out with someone else on Thursday night, then they shut you out completely. So, that's a risk. Some people understand it's okay to talk to more than one person, while others assume that if you talk to more than one, you're being unfaithful or you're not really interested.

So, I like to keep these friendships separated. I'm either not talking to anybody at all, or I am talking with one person only. I've tried the other way, and it wasn't good. I had to tell a nice girl that I found someone else ...and that someone else turned out to be no good. But going back to the first one trying to revive a conversation is hard, because very often they will say, "Well, if I wasn't perfect for you in the first place and you went after someone else, then why do you want to come back to me now?" See, that doesn't work.

I think, the best strategy is to get to know someone quickly, and if there's anything you dislike about the friendship or relationship, leave it. But if you like it, then get to know them more and stop talking to others at the same time.

Page : 1 2 3