Author Thread: house building trip to mexico
Admin

house building trip to mexico
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 11:09 AM

i was wondering if any people from this site would be interested in a mission trip to mexico to build a house for a family in need.

i lead crews or groups of people through baja cbristian ministries building a 16x20 3 room with a loft house. these can be built in 2 days ( highschool groups take 4 days). we can take longer to build the house as well

15-20 people would be a good number for the group. $5,500 would have to be raised to buy the materials. the cement slabs are already in place and the lumber on site and marked out for us.

accomodations are at a rustic 10 acre compound that ive stayed at 8+ times. its not 5 star sorry :)

i bring all the tools necessary to build the house. you bring a hammer, i even have extra aprons.

anyone interested? check out baja christian ministries website then get back to me maybe this could be put together for late october or early november. great months to build weather wise.

you need passports so get started on that right away if you dont have one

ill be happy to answer any questions people post. thanks Jim

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 04:45 PM

I think this sounds like a great idea! Not only can we help others in need but also build new friendships at the same time!It would be a good first trip too for many who have always wanted to try a mission trip. WARNING! They can become addicting!

It's a win-win situation! How much is the approximate cost per person?

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Aug, 2009 02:13 AM

COST OF THE HOUSE IS $5,500.00 AND WE WOULD DIVIDE THAT BETWEEN THE 15-20 PEOPLE THAT WOULD LIKE TO BUILD.

HOUSING IS RUSTIC BUT $7.00 A DAY I BELIEVE.

FOOD WOULD NEED TO BE CATERED BY A LOCAL COMPANY THAT HAS SERVED FOOD FOR GROUPS IVE BEEN WITH BEFORE. I CAN CHECK ON PRICES. THIER FOOD IS PRETTY GOOD :)

THANKS FOR THE INQUIRY MUAREEN

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Aug, 2009 10:35 PM

Id love to get involved:)

whats exact website? Im not equiped this time except for my heart but would love to learn more..

thnx

Teresa

paulmosesrajesh

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Oct, 2009 01:10 AM

hi Sir,

praise God.

I am paul moses rajesh an evangelist fom south india currently working in BKK, Kingdom of Thailand, I would like to know more info on this.

Thanx. Bye

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2009 12:19 AM

check out "baja christian ministries" they website has a lot of information

paulmosesrajesh

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Dec, 2009 10:40 PM

hey sir thanks for the speedy info.

paulmosesrajesh

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2009 08:51 PM

hi Sir, greetings from little timothy in Christ.

I have sent them my cv for any available opportunities.

Thanks.

Paul Moses R.Rajesh.

paulmosesrajesh

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2009 07:36 PM

Hi Sir, I got a mail from them.

They say they prefer groups rather than an individual, They are saying they will join me up with someone.

I have sent an email regarding suitable opportunities.

Thanks.

Paul Moses R.Rajesh

Proverbs777

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Feb, 2010 09:25 PM

Hi Jim: I also do missions in Mexico. I am blessed to see that others are spreading the love of God. :applause:

When is your next trip ?

Blessings,

Maria Esther

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Mar, 2010 02:59 AM

hello Maria Esther,

i havent checked this thread in awhile my humble apologies. it looks like the next mission trip forme will be the last two weeks of july. ill be working with two different groups, both with teen mania. we will be building two houses.

how about yourself? what types of things do you do on your mission trips? any types of construction going on?

stay in touch and we will compare notes :)

God bless, Jim

PS: anyone interested in possibly helping out last two weeks of easter they can give baja christian ministries a call and see if there is a need during those times. builds will be monday through thursday of each of the last two weeks of july.