Author Thread: Knowing Vs Believing
Admin

Knowing Vs Believing
Posted : 2 Mar, 2021 04:53 AM

You COULDN'T go to court and affirm in front of a judge that Jesus is real if you only have a belief. On the other hand you COULD go to court and affirm Jesus is real with all your mind, heart, soul and strength if you had been given evidence.

View Profile
History
Knowing Vs Believing
Posted : 2 Mar, 2021 07:50 PM

Have you seen the movie or read the book "The case for Christ"? It's based on a true story. In 1980, Lee Strobel is an atheist journalist and investigative reporter for the Chicago Tribune. He gathered information and evidence. In fact, as an investigator he discovered that the evidence for Jesus Christ—His existence, His divinity, His resurrection—is overwhelming.

View Profile
History
Knowing Vs Believing
Posted : 3 Mar, 2021 07:32 PM

If I was to tell you I have 5 identical birth brothers, and I was to show you all the birth records, pics and etc. By seeing that information alone, would you KNOW or BELIEVE I have 5 identical birth brothers?

View Profile
History
Knowing Vs Believing
Posted : 4 Mar, 2021 03:58 PM

In your scenario, by seeing all the birth records, pics, and other proven information, we BELIEVE that you have 5 identical birth brothers.

But if we see (with our own eyes) the real identical brothers (in the flesh, alive and walking), and we actually can touch or pinch them then we KNOW for sure that you have them.

View Profile
History
Knowing Vs Believing
Posted : 5 Mar, 2021 08:59 AM

If you stand at the sea shore and look out across the waters you will see an empty sea. However if you use some sort of electronical device with good zoom focus lenses, you will be able to zoom in and see boats and ships which you wasnt able to see with the naked eye.

View Profile
History
Knowing Vs Believing
Posted : 5 Mar, 2021 01:17 PM

How about invisible waves that exist, but we cannot actually see: sound/radio waves, bluetooth/cellphone signals? For example, wifi signals are floating around us. If we have a device that can pick up on a wifi signal, we can turn it on and tap into it. The frequency is always there, we just need a device to tap into it.

Although we can not see it, it is there nonetheless.

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
Knowing Vs Believing
Posted : 19 Jun, 2021 01:34 AM

What happens when this world is over, burned with fire because its value is fuel, and everybody is gone, and all that remains is every knee bowing to Christ, and then the questions asked, why did you not give mercy, before you put your case for why you should receive mercy ?

That part is not invisible, and is the only that will be the seen, everlasting judgement, and every talk that people did will be gone, along with the sea for that matter..

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Nightowlnw^

View Profile
History
Knowing Vs Believing
Posted : 21 Jul, 2021 11:07 PM

Knowing is like having facts that you retain. If you study a subject you can be very knowledgeable about it. Believing is better described as faith. As Hebrews chapter 11 describes faith. Belief or faith will result in placing our trust or confidence in something.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Knowing Vs Believing
Posted : 28 Aug, 2021 03:57 PM

The court cannot prove that Jesus is not real. The fact that so many believe in him is evidence in itself that he may well be real.