Author Thread: I think many struggles that christians go through, stem from an impropper knowledge of Scripture.
TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
I think many struggles that christians go through, stem from an impropper knowledge of Scripture.
Posted : 25 Aug, 2021 05:59 PM

In my opinion, many so called 'preachers' teach a alternative version of scripture. Some preachers do not even understand that everyone needs to receive a heart/brain transplant. Without being the recipient of a new heart/mind it is impossible to understand what the Bible is saying.

The Bible is a users manual for Christians...it is not a users manual for non-christians. Its like as a non-christian people are a base model of a car, and when a person excepts that JESUS is the KING...the car that they were driving gets a total overhaul. When they leave the car customazation shop they are told about all the cool new features that there car now has.

When a person is a baseline model, and they try to read the manual and figure out how to opperate the 'power windows ' in there car...things go wrong thats because they do not have power windows on the model that they are driving.

Often times their is people preaching how to follow the Bible when they themselves do not understand the scriptures. It would be like me trying to explain a movie that I saw but the movie was a Chinese movie.

Thats what I was wanting to talk about, many preachers/Bible teachers do not know what they are talking about. If you listen to the message of some people that lack an understanding of Scriptures they teach that Christians are supposed to be extremely passive. If you listen to that counterfeit message Christians are not supposed to have strong opinions about things, and they teach that in a debate it is the duty of the Christian to keep the peace and fold like a cheap card table.

Let me share a Scripture that will expose the fraudulent message that much of the established church tries to pass off as truth.

Romans 16:17-18 (The message bible)

One final word of counsel, friends. Keep a sharp eye out for those who take bits and pieces of the teaching that you learned and then use them to make trouble. Give these people a wide berth. They have no intention of living for our Master Christ. They’re only in this for what they can get out of it, and aren’t above using pious sweet talk to dupe unsuspecting innocents.

Romans 16:17-18 (the voice bible)

17 I am pleading with all of you, brothers and sisters, to keep up your guard against anyone who is causing conflicts and enticing others with teachings contrary to what you have already learned. If there are people like that in your churches, stay away from them. 18 These kinds of people are not truly serving our Lord Jesus the Anointed; they have devoted their lives to satisfying their own appetites. With smooth talking and a well-rehearsed blessing, they lead a lot of unsuspecting people down the wrong path.

The point is that sometimes in the life of a Christian we are supposed to say "that person is not doing things correctly...that person only follows a segment of what the Bible teaches therefore I need to avoid such a person' (try not to be overly rude but if the person wants to have coffee with you, then find an gentle way to tell them to get lost)

Also I would recommend that people get a copy of the Bible that is a little more understandable (Biblegateway is a website that offers free electronic versions of many different styles)

Quiznos

View Profile
History
I think many struggles that christians go through, stem from an impropper knowledge of Scripture.
Posted : 27 Aug, 2021 06:21 AM

@Travis,

Travis, most people that have ASSUMED the title of 'pastor' ,are self proclaimed, as there is no evidence the Holy Spirit empowers them.

Most os the self proclaimed 'pastors', along with the sheeple, have no idea what the Gospel is.

These same people have no idea who GOD Almighty is, not what His character, attitude, or personality is like towards them.

Most of the self proclaimed 'pastors' along with the sheeple do not understand 'GRACE,or the Gospel.

The people do not know that the BUSINESS called 'church' is not of GOD Almighty, nor can it be found in the Scriptures.

Had the people depended upon GOD Almighty to lead them into all truth thru His Holy Spirit, maybe the people would understand that they have been believing lies for a long time.

The people newd to confess their UNBELIEF, that they do not believe what GOD Almighty says about Himself, nor do they believe what He says about them.

Then they need to REPENT ( change their minds) towards GOD Almighty, and believe in Yashua by faith, as GOD Almighty gives them grace to repent. Repent, believe the Gospel.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2021 03:42 PM

Technically we should all be studying the scriptures to a level where we could all be pastors. If you are reliant on the words and teachings of others rather than striving to uncover knowledge for yourself then that is a weak position to be in. Really we should all be participating in church rather than sitting around a single person reeling off a sermon every week. If I ran my own church I'd have a Q & A at the end with some debate so I'd have more chance of learning more. I think it would be a lot better if the sabbath day wasn't run on the clock. I mean nobody leaves the pub if the conversation is good, yet everyone will cut a good church session to finish on time. A lot of things in the scripture need deep discussion and can't be brushed over in a few minutes by one person to really fully understand them.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Aug, 2021 07:42 AM

@Marcouse

Marcouse, you believe the 'church' actually exists in the Word of GOD Almighty, you have been decieved as the rest of the sheeple.

The 'church' is a BUSINESS,one of the biggest businesses in the world, run by a bunch of charlitans.

One thing, you called it MY 'church', the word MYimplies ownership,a BUSINESS.

You do have one thing right, the people should be gathering to discuss the Scriptures instead of sitting around like a bunch of ignorant stupids listening to someone tell them stories, jokes and lies.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2021 04:13 AM

Hebrews 10:25

not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

Nasb

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2021 04:18 AM

God is approved of False doctrine being Taught no matter if it's in your home .

God's not against Church fellowship and praises!

Psalm 122:1

I was glad when they said to me, " Let us go into the house of the Lord."

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2021 04:40 AM

" God does not approve" of False doctrine

Correction

Quiznos stop posting against all churches and Pastors.

Repent

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Sep, 2022 07:37 PM

I agree with most of what Marcouse said. We DO cut off the sermon as determined by the clock. There is no time allotted to ask questions or have discussion. How can anyone help a brother or sister who is struggling if that person has no opportunity to SAY " i need help". ? and Quiznos, there are no sheeples except in your own foolish vocabulary. It only shows that you think highly of yourself and know little about what God wants of us.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Feb, 2023 06:14 PM

All great posters...well...ehr...except for the Q, (the church and pastor hater). All the other posts bear repeating‼️‼️

Procreate^

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Apr, 2023 11:06 PM

Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another."