Author Thread: With the world... families... culture... moral depravity... confusion and moral decline within 'the church' --- if you could wake tomorrow and be 15 again, would you choose to do so?
AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
With the world... families... culture... moral depravity... confusion and moral decline within 'the church' --- if you could wake tomorrow and be 15 again, would you choose to do so?
Posted : 8 Apr, 2022 08:32 PM

l personally, cannot image being in such a difficult place in life as this would seem to be... and l don't want to subject my heart to the repurcussions of dwelling too long, on such thoughts... But my purpose here is to lift the idea of 'love', up - and have it recognized as being 'an action word'...

So l simply want to say, if you take time to consider this scenario... And if you conclude you are thankful not to be a young man in these difficult and challenging times, then consider allowing God to use you, if and when, the time arises, that you might lend an ear... speak a word of encouragement... or just 'be there' for someone who is in that place of being so young,... and vulnerable to so many life-changing, and potentially devastating, influences.

Good words... good works... are the fruit of christian love - this is the essence of ministering to others... this is the meaning... the essence... of 'Charity'.

'And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.'

'For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.'

'but sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear'...

1 Corinthians 13:13 KJV... James 2:26 KJV... 1 Peter 3:15 KJV

God bless you all... 🌾

JamesEG

View Profile
History
With the world... families... culture... moral depravity... confusion and moral decline within 'the church' --- if you could wake tomorrow and be 15 again, would you choose to do so?
Posted : 11 Apr, 2022 08:39 AM

AQuietLifeWanted, I often feel that reflecting on hypothetical things that cannot come to pass is not the best use of time.

But in answer to your question, if I could be 15 again and still retain the kowledge and wisdom I've gained in the years since I was 15, I think it would be marvelous.

If I had known when I was 15 what I know now, I'm confident my years since 15 could have been more productive and effective.

For example, I would have followed my passion more in choosing my college major.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Apr, 2022 12:18 PM

Hi James, the question was meant only as a mental exercise of 'putting ourselves in another's place'... and no, sorry...😐 it didn't come with any options like having the blessings of knowledge gleaned from having experienced years of life past 15. It is about the situation of being young, vulnerable, and ill-prepared for the world thrust upon our current, younger generation.

And the hope of encouraging my brothers and sisters in christ to simply be willing to minister in our 'professed, christian belief' - even if it be nothing more than a willingness to pray for the youth of today... Their spiritual battle is far worse than ours ever was, as we were growing up... our hearts should have tenderness, concern and compassion for those so much in need...

JamesEG

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Apr, 2022 11:03 AM

I agree that the challenges and temptations facing young people today exceed those I faced. But the opportunities they have in some ways exceed mine too.

Facebook provides a way to keep in contact with persons (including childhood friends) who have moved away. Cell phones make it easier to keep in contact with friends and relatives. The air is cleaner to breathe than when leaded gasoline was in use. Widespread use of air conditioning, computers, microwave ovens, etc., are marvelous advances. Supermarkets offer a wider variety of products.

Career opportunities have come a long way too.

Fewer persons die in wars than when I grew up during the Vietnam War era.

Each generation faces different challenges and opportunities. I wonder what it was like for my grandparents and great grandparents during the flu pandemic in the early 20th century, World War I, the Great Depression, World War II, etc.

BiblicalPolygyny^

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2024 09:28 PM

I'd go back to 15, but only if I can keep my memory, definitely make different choices.

Conversely, I live today as though I am 16 again, making choices as though I have 60 years of quality life left to live