Author Thread: dating online
osol_letse

View Profile
History
dating online
Posted : 27 Apr, 2022 10:15 PM

Is chatting with a guy exclusively in a dating app considered to be a date? Is there such a thing called online dating?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
dating online
Posted : 28 Apr, 2022 09:58 AM

In all fairness if someone says they are chatting to you exclusively in a dating app it doesn’t mean that’s the case. Back in my day we use to call it “going out with” I assume because it normally involved going out somewhere be to the cinema, park, restaurant etc… when you’re talking online you’re not dating to do so you have to be able to see each other in the flesh…:-)

JamesEG

View Profile
History
dating online
Posted : 2 May, 2022 10:47 AM

I guess it's a matter of one's perspective.

Personally, I would think that if another person and I mutually agreed to only exchange male-female relationship messages with one another online and with no one else, that it could be called an online dating relationship.

But personally, I would not rush into that type of relationship. I'd prefer to get to know another person well over a period of weeks and months and then preferably meet in person before making that kind of exclusive commitment.

I think it's important that you and whomever you are exchanging those "exclusive" messages with are both in agreement on the nature of the relationship.

And as another poster indicated, it's hard to verify the other person is also "exclusively" communicating with you.

I hope this helps. But it's just my opinion, not God's word.

osol_letse

View Profile
History
dating online
Posted : 22 Dec, 2022 10:02 PM

i hear you guys..uhmm..personally.. i cant really determine the demarcation line of a mere chat to an online dating..chatting exclusively could mean a mere chat too.

FDCWillard^

View Profile
History
dating online
Posted : 22 Dec, 2022 11:11 PM

That begs the question then what EXACTLY is online dating then if not exclusively exchanging messages?

Dinner by candlelight over webcams?

osol_letse

View Profile
History
dating online
Posted : 28 Dec, 2022 11:14 PM

lol candlelight dinner over a webcam..lol... how does one look like on a webcam using candlelight...: joy: that's really very creative ..i find it funny tho..so sorry that's just me..

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
dating online
Posted : 28 Dec, 2022 11:57 PM

I talk to multiple people online and I always assume that anyone I’m talking to is probably doing the same. I’m not exclusively talking to one person until we’ve built up a rapport and decided that’s that’s what we’re doing…:-)

osol_letse

View Profile
History
dating online
Posted : 29 Dec, 2022 01:14 AM

got you Jayzee... deciding to exclusively chat each other..is what others call as online dating.. to others that might be true..but I know, a lot (including me) still do not consider it as online date..it is still mere chat to me/ us...

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
dating online
Posted : 30 Dec, 2022 12:35 AM

While you may get to know each other online initially the ultimate goal is a face to face meeting. I don't consider talking online to be dating I've had a few dates in my 53 years none of which took place on a computer...:-)

osol_letse

View Profile
History
dating online
Posted : 31 Dec, 2022 06:44 AM

true that.. ture dating comes when u date face to face....so the term..really is contradicting..but some consider it as..oxymoron..

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
dating online
Posted : 3 Jan, 2023 01:32 PM

No, there is no such thing. Unless you are seeing each other in person, then it's called dating

Page : 1 2