Author Thread: Are Only Certain People Suppose to Engage in 'Spiritual Warfare'? What do you know of God's expectations towards YOU regarding this subject?
AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Are Only Certain People Suppose to Engage in 'Spiritual Warfare'? What do you know of God's expectations towards YOU regarding this subject?
Posted : 16 Jun, 2022 11:35 AM

'For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the [manner of the] flesh: for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but [instead, in being spiritual in their nature, they are more effectively] mighty, through God

- to the pulling down of strong holds;

- [to the] casting down of: imaginations, (and every high thing) that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God; and

- [to the] bringing into captivity, every thought, to the obedience of Christ...'

2 Corinthians 10:3‭-‬5 KJV

Question 1: So... what might be 'the

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Are Only Certain People Suppose to Engage in 'Spiritual Warfare'? What do you know of God's expectations towards YOU regarding this subject?
Posted : 16 Jun, 2022 11:36 AM

weapons of our warfare' that are 'spiritual in nature', but wielded by us, via the necessity of our being 'embodied in flesh'?

Question 2: Everyone asks at some point, "What is life REALLY about?"... and, "Why am I here? What is the purpose of,... and for,... MY life?"

And if you are one who has given your life to God, through Christ, your question should be more reflective of that... being more along the lines of:

"Why am I here? What is the God-appointed purpose of,... and for,... MY life?"

Derek Prince has some rather insightful things to say on this subject so l will encourage you to check out his series on Youtube entitled:

'SPIRITUAL WARFARE'

There are 15 parts but each segment is only 10 minutes long.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_L1za0tEXFXNhigNVPTo1ibq7hQiYoNn

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jun, 2022 11:41 AM

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the [manner of the] flesh: for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but [instead, in being spiritual in their nature, they are more effectively] mighty, through God

- to the pulling down of strong holds;

- [to the] casting down of: imaginations, (and every high thing) that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God; and

- [to the] bringing into captivity, every thought, to the obedience of Christ;

2 Corinthians 10:3‭-‬5 KJV

Q1: So... what might be 'the weapons of our warfare' that are 'spiritual in nature', but wielded by us, via the necessity of our being 'embodied in flesh'?

Q2: Everyone asks at some point, "What is life REALLY about?"... and, "Why am I here? What is the purpose of,... and for,... MY life?"

And if you are one who has given your life to God, through Christ, your question should be more reflective of that... being more along the lines of:

"Why am I here? What is the God-appointed purpose of,... and for,... MY life?"

Derek Prince has some rather insightful things to say on this subject so l will encourage you to check out his series on Youtube entitled:

'SPIRITUAL WARFARE'

There are 15 parts but each segment is only 10 minutes long.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_L1za0tEXFXNhigNVPTo1ibq7hQiYoNn

Prophetes81

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Sep, 2022 06:41 AM

A wonderful message, i believe every Christian has to engage into spiritual Warfare . Now it depends on their denomination. Mostly it's done in our Pentecostal churches. We thank God for his late general Derek Prince. Personally I read a lot about him

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Sep, 2022 09:08 AM

I didn’t notice anyone calling attention to the type of “spiritual warfare” the Bible calls for in Ephesians 6 starting at v.10.

To the contrary, most false anti-biblical types of “spiritual warfare” are in direct conflict with the Bible.

For example: false teachers talk about bringing the believer into direct confrontation with Satan‼️ That’s something even the Archangel Micheal did not do.

Please read the book of Jude as it exposes false teachers who pretend to do spiritual warfare with the devil. Look especially at the following verses of Jude:

8 In the very same way, on the strength of their dreams these ungodly people pollute their own bodies, >>>reject authority and heap abuse on celestial beings<<<.

9 🟣>>>But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”<<<🟣

10 Yet these people slander whatever they do not understand, and the very things they do understand by instinct—as irrational animals do—will destroy them.

11 Woe to them! They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam’s error; they have been destroyed in Korah’s rebellion.

12 These people are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead.

Lovingpoetforyou

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Oct, 2022 01:55 AM

Anyone can. But first know your enemy. Remember that the devil and his angels were in heaven and cast out. The devil knows the Bible very well.

The devil has his name as do the demons. Know their names to effect a better fight. Cast them out by name.

The demons are like an army with rank so know where they rank. Root demons are the generals followed by soldiers. You can buy books that explain this all.

Most important: PRAY before doing spiritual battle. Put on the armor and DO NOT let fear in for fear is not of GOD.

I speak all of this from knowing as I am a Prayer Warrior and have been in many spiritual battles.

God bless