Author Thread: Leaving soon...
Admin

Leaving soon...
Posted : 15 Jul, 2008 12:56 AM

I am leaving for Honduras in three weeks. I will be there nearly a year. The last time I was there I volunteered in an orphanage and really loved being there but that was only 6 weeks. I know that God has led me to be a help there in any way that can, such as teaching what will soon be my 6th grade class and serving in the church, but I have to admit that I'm a little scared, too. I know Spanish but I still sometimes get frustrated by how difficult it is for me to express certain thoughts sometimes. I'll be living with two girls that speak English but most of our friends there do not. It is also very hot iin the part where we'll be living and I doubt we'll have access to A/C. The water is turned off for certain parts of the day, we have to drink bottled water, and transportation will be difficult. We'll also have very little personal comforts in our small home. I know this is nothing compared to what so many people in third world countries face, but it will still be an adjustment. I am also scared because I don't know yet if God has called me to do this beyond this year and although I want to be obedient and I love missions, I'm just feeling a little insecure. I'm not sure why I'm writing all of this, but I know there may be other people out there in similar situations, although not necessarily missions related. You feel a call on your life but it is difficult to see where things are headed and although you trust God you don't necessarily trust yourself! That's all for now. Good night and God bless.

Deborahe

View Profile
History
Leaving soon...
Posted : 15 Jul, 2008 06:08 AM

God Bless You; JustCause,

May God fill your heart with His peace. I'm praying that your

stay in Honduras will be a tremendous success, and that you

and those around you will be blessed abundantly. Thank

God for young people, like you, who are willing to go the

extra mile to help others. You are in my prayers.

Love in Christ,

Deborah:angel:

View Profile
History
Leaving soon...
Posted : 17 Jul, 2008 08:30 PM

All of those feelings you are feeling are quite normal. You are stepping out on faith. The longer you are there, the easier the language will become to you...No doubt that they'll be some adjustments but you'll be surprised how things will just become a part of your life without a second thought.

Keep your heart open to God this year. He will let you know if this is your calling without second guessing Him. Anything we do by faith is uncharted waters. Just remember that God will be at the bottom of the slide to catch you regardless of the outcome.

strawberi50

View Profile
History
Leaving soon...
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 01:17 AM

l will pray for you! l've seen many swift prayers answered , God ls real!

View Profile
History
Leaving soon...
Posted : 5 Sep, 2010 07:25 PM

Hi Just Cause so how was your trip in Honduras and tell me the experience. I am also interested in missions and have been called to be a missionary too. I hope we can talk and be friends if thats ok with you. God bless.