Author Thread: The Failure of Faith...
Admin

The Failure of Faith...
Posted : 15 Jun, 2010 10:18 PM

There are some people who believe that faith is something that a person acquires on his/her own. But the sciprutres telss us that is not a truth.

In Romans chpater 12, we find that Paul tells us that God gives everyone, whether you are a saint or a sinner, God gives EVERYNONE a MEASURE OF FAITH: For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is amng you, not to think of him/herself more highly than he/she ought, but to think soberly, as God HAS DEALT TO EACH ONE A MEASURE OF FAITH.

Faith is indispensable, because it is impossble to please God without faith. Faith can be increased through trusting and believing God will do as He said he will do, the disciples asked Jesus to increase their faith. Faith can be cultivated, through prayer, bible Study, reading the word, and the test of our trials and tribulations we endure and go through.

Before a person is saved(born again) he/she may have vain faith or belief in the wrong doctrine. A person may have dead faith, or belief in orthodox doctrine without personal belief in Jesus Christ.

After a person has been saved (born again), he/she may experience a kinf od unbelief, which many new believers experience when they fail to accept the whole work of Christ. They may experience little faith, which is a mixture of faith and unbelief. The person may experience weak faith, which is expressed thorugh their legalistic beliefs. And then you have those who have strong faith, that is rooted and gorunded in the promises of God without doubt.

All believers shoould seek to grow in their faith, because faith is a continual growing process in order to reach spiritual maturity as Christians. Abraham was justifed by God because he truested and believed the promises of God, and it was his faith tha God God would do what he had promised to do, and this was counted righteous before God.

How strong or weak is your faith? Or do you feel that you have no faith to trust and believe God with long suffering, until whatever you're trusting God to do for you will come to pass in due season?

View Profile
History
The Failure of Faith...
Posted : 17 Jun, 2010 05:57 PM

Yeah, a tazer would do wonders... wish I had one:ROFL::ROFL:

View Profile
History
The Failure of Faith...
Posted : 17 Jun, 2010 06:14 PM

I thought your topic was bible faith!!

What your commenting is not bible faith, now are you wanting to talk about natural faith.

I know exactly how one gets, the measure of faith you are talking about.

View Profile
History
The Failure of Faith...
Posted : 17 Jun, 2010 06:26 PM

oookkk, PJ, since you know go ahead and explain how a person gets a measure of faith... you have the floor.

View Profile
History
The Failure of Faith...
Posted : 17 Jun, 2010 06:29 PM

"Circles create soothing space, where even reticent people can realize that their voice is welcome." -Margaret J. Wheatley

View Profile
History
The Failure of Faith...
Posted : 17 Jun, 2010 06:44 PM

Hey Pixy, can I use your tazer? I promise to return it:ROFL:

View Profile
History
The Failure of Faith...
Posted : 17 Jun, 2010 06:56 PM

I lent it to InHisHonour because Dennis's cats came after him. And they have such big teeth, you know... Quite scary... !

:ROFL:

View Profile
History
The Failure of Faith...
Posted : 17 Jun, 2010 07:09 PM

Pixy maybe you can explain to us the law of faith.

View Profile
History
The Failure of Faith...
Posted : 17 Jun, 2010 07:20 PM

"It's hysterical to watch, as long as you're out of range, ... When they get excited they run around in circles doing one handstand after another." -Ann Snyder

Not sure I want to be in range... ?

I'm going to go take a shower now. And contemplate circles some more. Maybe I will be back later =)

InHisHonor

View Profile
History
The Failure of Faith...
Posted : 17 Jun, 2010 07:48 PM

Lixy needs to stop talking about circles.

When she talks about circles I think about 3.14.

When I think of 3.14 I think of pi.

When I think about pi I think about pie.

When I think about pie I think about dessert.

When I think about dessert I think of CAKE!

And I love CAKE!

CAKE CAKE CAKE:dancingp::party:

:toomuch:

View Profile
History
The Failure of Faith...
Posted : 17 Jun, 2010 08:35 PM

I will bake you a cake, InHisHonour. In the shape of a circle.

:ROFL:

Page : 1 2 3 4