"The Date"
Posted : 30 Apr, 2015 12:59 PM

^^^^ Some good advice there!

teenie75

View Profile
"The Date"
Posted : 26 Apr, 2015 01:52 PM

OK...girl's perspective...

1) it is never cool to 'test' anyone. Mind games. Avoid at all costs.

2) the date depends on how long you have known her/what the vibes are/ how you feel about her. There is no right or wrong, and the 'right' first date will be different for every girl.

Personally I think first dates can be hit or miss. You may fall in love instantaneously and find that 10 hours have slipped by, or 10 mins in one of you might want to run for the door!!! I would err on the side of caution and just meet for something simple like a drink somewhere. Then it can be as long or short as necessary. if it goes well, and you both like each other, then pull the stops out next time with a romantic picnic or something more extravagant.

teenie75

View Profile
Being a single parent gets harder
Posted : 26 Apr, 2015 01:02 PM

Bless you for going through this a second time. I pray you find joy in the journey.

I was abandoned with 3 kids aged 4 and under, and for a while it was tough. 10 years later and I'm still here, but I have to be honest, I love it!

Sure sometimes there are challenges, and I am forever exhausted, but I love the close bond we have, and love watching their personalities develop as they become who they are supposed to be. There is joy to be found in the challenges, and it's all a massive adventure that I wouldn't swap for anything. Through it we've seen the grace of God go before us many times and in many ways.

Stay strong single parents! God knows, and He's got you and your precious children close to His heart.