Author Thread
betty85

View Profile
wondering why I get no views
Posted : 29 Jul, 2012 04:02 PM

Hi Keith,

Be bold. The best way to get noticed is to view profiles, send winks, and especially send messages to them. If you read something interesting in someone's profile, send them a message and start a conversation about it.

betty85

View Profile
Where are the real men?
Posted : 29 Jul, 2012 11:01 AM

No, I never said divorced men aren't real men. Of course they can be!

My decision to not date divorced men is a different issue and doesn't belong under this topic. However, if you truly want to know, I wouldn't mind sharing in a private message.

betty85

View Profile
Where are the real men?
Posted : 28 Jul, 2012 05:51 PM

Thank you, Bobbobbins and LetThisMind.

There are too many people, both men and women, who have put aside "old fashioned" values in regards to relationships and courtships. There has been a role reversal where the women become the pursuers and have become very aggressive, and the men have become lazy and don't take their God-appointed leadership role.

I ask the Lord all the time where the real Godly men are hiding. They must all be under some unturned rock somewhere, for I know they must exist somewhere.

It is true, I do have high standards and expectations, and they will remain high. I hope that others have high expectations for me. I have to have something to live up to.

betty85

View Profile
Where are the real men?
Posted : 26 Jul, 2012 07:48 PM

After being on this website for years, I'm still left wondering where are all the men who are willing to step up and be real men? The kind of Godly men who are gentlemen, who know how to be responsible, and knows how to pursue/court a lady? Does he only exist within my imagination?

betty85

View Profile
Lost meaning of missions/missionary
Posted : 4 May, 2012 12:29 PM

In what ways to you feel the modern world has lost touch with missions?

I have spent the last several years studying missions. There are many sides and approaches to missions, but, in my opinion, the majority of Christians are callous to the idea of 'going into the world and making disciples'.

betty85

View Profile
Baton Rouge area
Posted : 18 Oct, 2009 07:29 PM

Is there anyone out there from the Baton Rouge area?

betty85

View Profile
What do you do when they play the "Christian" card on you?
Posted : 18 Oct, 2009 07:28 PM

A couple of years ago I dated someone for about 2-3 months that I met online. He was a Christian and a deacon in his church. We had dinner at his house one night and he made it known that he wanted to sleep with me. I told him "No way." I don't believe in sex outside of marriage. He told me that he looked through the Bible and it didn't say anything against premarital sex. I was so mad that I grabbed my keys and left. I was too mad to speak. He made himself out to be a solid Christian, but used the Bible to find loop holes for living his life.

That was my last dating experience and I never saw him again. Through those experience I find that it's very important to be "equally yoked" in faith and beliefs. Also my screening process has changed since then :)