Author Thread
Quinn747

View Profile
Studying the Book of Proverbs
Posted : 19 Feb, 2021 01:17 PM

Each day after breakfast I read at least one chapter of the Bible before I do anything else. The last month I have been reading Proverbs each day and directly afterwards I have watched 1 hour of YouTube Bible commentary on the same chapter.

Guess I'd do just about anything to become wiser after making numerous unwise decisions over the years...

Anyone else studying like this?

Quinn747

View Profile
Guys baking amazing bread
Posted : 19 Feb, 2021 01:10 PM

Hi, my name is Tim, In 2019 i got into "Prepping" which is to store large amounts of long lasting food in case something happens. A few months ago I decided to start using some of my 80 KG of self raising flour so I started baking "No-Knead" bread and sultana/cinnamon bread. No-Knead bread is cooked inside a Dutch Oven which is also inside a regular oven... To my surprise I could do it and it is amazing! Anyone else doing this sort of thing? It is really fun! When you live on your own you have to keep busy

Quinn747

View Profile
Are Spaghetti Western Movies ok to watch?
Posted : 19 Feb, 2021 01:05 PM

In 'Lock Down' and being single I want to fill my entertainment time with things that are moral.. I watch plenty of western movies on YouTube because there is no sex but is the shootout violence something to be concerned about?.. I don't think it effects me at all :)

Quinn747

View Profile
Prepping food for long term storage...
Posted : 19 Feb, 2021 12:58 PM

Hi, in 2019 I started 'prepping' food.

I found that I can store food for up to 30 years in a bag called a 'Mylar Bag'. For example I stored away 200 KG of rice. I found buying bulk have saved an incredible of food money.

Anyone else doing this and what have you learnt?

Quinn747

View Profile
Guys baking amazing bread
Posted : 19 Feb, 2021 12:53 PM

In 2019 i got into "Prepping" which is to store large amounts of long lasting food in case something happens. A few months ago I decided to start using some of my 80KG of self raising flour so I started baking "No-Knead" bread and sultana/cinnamon bread. No-Knead bread is cooked inside a Dutch Oven which is also inside a regular oven... To my surprise I could do it and it is amazing! Anyone else doing this sort of thing?