Author Thread
kitkatrina

View Profile
Love at first sight?
Posted : 13 Jun, 2011 11:00 PM

Well, I had seen my late husband for about a year every Thursday night during the summer at a Celtic pub after a highland game (along with about 100 other people) and there was never much more than a "Hi" said between us. But then, one cold shivering night while I was outside talking to my friends, for whatever reason, he came up behind me and put his arms around me to warm me up. I just fit in his arms. I knew then that he was meant for me. We stood like that for about 2 hours. We married 5 months later and were very happy. He had never been to church before meeting me but was open to it. I was so glad that he found Jesus a few years after we were married.Then God decided that he had better and bigger plans for Barry and called him home after only 5 and half years of marriage and I knew that God was bringing him home and that some day I would see him again. He was the love of my life and even though it wasn't "love at first sight", it was" love at first holding". It has been almost 5 years since his death and I have only recently started searching for another man in my life. He will always have a place in my heart.

kitkatrina

View Profile
Ummmm...I Can Sew...
Posted : 13 Jun, 2011 10:22 PM

I used to sew my own clothes when I was younger. I had a choice, wear the clothes my dad picked out or sew my own. LOL. I can also lay flooring, put up a fence, seed a yard, build a wall, paint a house, install a fan, install recessed lighting, cook up a mean lasagna or a 5min soda cake (yes it cooks in 5 min and is so moist) plus other great food, train a dog, fix a computer, change my oil and change a tire (but would prefer to call AAA for that one), build a porch and can teach kids about God and be a chauffeur, teacher, mom and wife (havent dont that one for over 5 years but would love to do it again) and volunteer at church so much that other people think I almost live there. LOL. But hate to admit it....I can act like I dont know how if there is a man around....i believe in acting helpless, so the man can be the man!!!! :bow:

kitkatrina

View Profile
Children or God first ?
Posted : 6 Jun, 2011 11:53 AM

It�s really not a matter of whether God �expects� us to have children, since He is sovereign and omniscient and knows who will and who won�t have children.

The Bible does tell us that children are a blessing from God �Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.� .(Psalm 127:3-5) God blesses parents with years of enjoyment with their children that can hardly be compared to anything else. God declares that children are a blessing. But this does not mean that God withholds blessings from those without children. It simply means children are to be looked upon as a blessing, not an inconvenience.

From the stories of Hannah and Sarah and many other examples, we can see that God is in sovereign control of all circumstances of life, including the birth of children.

The Bible does not lay out a step-by-step order for family relationship priorities but we can still look to the Scriptures and find general principles for prioritizing our family relationships. God obviously comes first: �Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.� (Deuteronomy 6:5) All of one�s heart, soul, and strength is to be committed to loving God, making Him the FIRST priority.

If you are married, your spouse comes next. A married man is to love his wife as Christ loved the church (Ephesians 5:25). Christ�s first priority�after obeying and glorifying the Father�was the church. God first, then his wife. In the same way, wives are to submit to their husbands �as to the Lord� (Ephesians 5:22). The principle is that a woman�s husband is second only to God in her priorities.

If husbands and wives are second only to God in our priorities, and since a husband and wife are one flesh (Ephesians 5:31), it stands to reason that children should be the next priority. Parents are to raise godly children who will be the next generation of those who love the Lord with all their hearts (Proverbs 22:6; Ephesians 6:4), showing once again that God comes first.

kitkatrina

View Profile
"Why Are We Here?"
Posted : 4 Jun, 2011 02:52 PM

The church I attend is wonderful and powerful, but there are not a lot of single men that are my age and those that are are already in a relationship. I attend events and I am shy to start conversations with someone I dont know (male or female).

It amazes me that on this site....as on others I have looked at and tried trial versions of, there are scammers and those that say they are christian still want to jump into bed right away (not happening) or know little about the Bible or do not attend church and feel it is a waste of time to attend (those are the ones that really get me as to why they are here).

I joined the site to possibly meet someone to marry, but as time has gone by I revert back to one of my fav sayings.....the more guys I meet, the more I like my dogs!!

I strongly believe that when the time is right and God knows when that time is....I will meet that certain person and it will be a wonderful relationship.

kitkatrina

View Profile
Dating With Your Children.
Posted : 4 Jun, 2011 02:23 PM

I know life is not perfect here on earth. I agree that you can not wait till the adults decide to get marry to start involving the children. Thats not fair....to the kids or the person dating the parent.

I do not go out on a lot of dates so its not there are a string of men that I would be introducing my kids to, but before I have a first date I have found out a lot about them and have talked to him to see how he feels about kids. I mean if he doesnt like kids, why even have a first date. LOL

When I dont have kids in my home (Im a foster mom) and if I was to date someone with kids, I always want to find out about them and want to meet them to see. Perhaps not on the first date, but at least sometime early in the relationship.

I try to think about the Brad Paisley song "Half The Man" and here are some of the lyrics:

When a single Mom goes out on a date with somebody new

It always winds up feeling more like a job interview

My Momma used to wonder if she�d ever meet someone

That wouldn�t find out about me and then turn around and run

I met the man I call my Dad when I was five years old

He took my Mom out to a movie, and for once I got to go

A few months later I remember lying there in bed

I overheard him pop the question and I prayed that she�d say yes

And then all of a sudden, oh it seemed so strange to me

How we went from �something�s missing� to a family

Looking back all I can say about all the things he did for me

Is I hope I�m at least half the Dad that he didn�t have to be.

kitkatrina

View Profile
Would you date a man who...
Posted : 2 Jun, 2011 05:03 PM

At 52 years of age I can say yes, I would. Kids are such a joy and it is great to bring them places where they have not been and you have so that you can see it thru their eyes and you learn to appreciate things more.

kitkatrina

View Profile
Help with an absolutely nutty situtation
Posted : 2 Jun, 2011 04:41 PM

You have no control over what others think or feel.

I agree that it is wrong for a woman or man to try to chase or break up a relationship.

Remind them of Deuteronomy 5:21 - �You shall not covet your neighbor�s wife. You shall not set your desire on your neighbor�s house or land, his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.�

kitkatrina

View Profile
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Posted : 29 May, 2011 08:53 PM

I saw the movie last week and I must admit this one was good. Not to give the movie away...but while trying to locate the fountain of youth one side captures a "religious man" who falls in love with one of the mermaids....anyone...they talk about faith in God in the movie. I was amazed and surprised.

All in all...Johnny Depp plays a great role (once again).

I recommend this movie, but over all...I highly recommend FIREPROOF...awesome movie. I just watched it again and wish that I could have the book that his father gave him. I would loved to have read what was written (that is if it really existed). Its always neat to read the books of those that have been thru hard times and made it thru.

kitkatrina

View Profile
What does it take?
Posted : 29 May, 2011 02:59 PM

I guess I was raised old fashioned. I respond to all in some way or another.

I ask the same question of a guy tho.

I am guilty of sending a wink just to see if they look at my profile and see if they have an interest to respond back...even with a wink, but it seems the census is the same with guys....they dont respond back either.

I personally think its rude to ignore an email...no matter how long or short...even if its just to say...I dont think we would be a good match.

I have not thought of any of those that I have responded back to with a "not a good match" text was THE one that I let slip thru my fingers.

I am keeping the faith that THE one is still out there.

kitkatrina

View Profile
Why do girls/young ladies PRETEND to be sngle?
Posted : 29 May, 2011 02:54 PM

The same reason men do it....to play with hearts and leave a path of havoc and destruction.

Isnt it against policy? Well, that means they have 3 points against them...cheating, lying and not being able to read. LOL In my book that doesnt make them much of a christian.

Keep the faith...there are those out there that dont lie, cheat and can read.

Page : 1 2