Author Thread
RetroMillennial^

View Profile
Come. See, Go, and Tell
Posted : 11 Jul, 2020 08:55 PM

Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V. Seen it.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
WASHINGTON, July 6 (Reuters) - A Dallas megachurch whose pastor has been a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump was approved for a **FORGIVABLE** loan worth $2 million to $5 million, according to long-awaitedVice President Mike Pence spoke at a rally last month at the First Baptist Church of Dallas, whose pastor, Robert Jeffress, has been on Trump's evangelical advisory board government data released on Monday. Vice President Mike Pence spoke at a rally last month the the Firtst Baptist Church of Dallas, whose pastor, Robert Jeffress, has been on Trump's evangelical advisory board!!
Posted : 11 Jul, 2020 08:54 PM

Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V. Yawn.

Go to bed.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
Come. See, Go, and Tell
Posted : 11 Jul, 2020 06:18 PM

Even more libel. More ego. More bluster. More childishness.

Instead of having a level-headed discussion, you're dangerous, mean, and cruel.

And you've been reported to the Admin again.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
WASHINGTON, July 6 (Reuters) - A Dallas megachurch whose pastor has been a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump was approved for a **FORGIVABLE** loan worth $2 million to $5 million, according to long-awaitedVice President Mike Pence spoke at a rally last month at the First Baptist Church of Dallas, whose pastor, Robert Jeffress, has been on Trump's evangelical advisory board government data released on Monday. Vice President Mike Pence spoke at a rally last month the the Firtst Baptist Church of Dallas, whose pastor, Robert Jeffress, has been on Trump's evangelical advisory board!!
Posted : 11 Jul, 2020 06:16 PM

More libel. More ego. More bluster. More childishness.

Instead of having a level-headed discussion, you're dangerous, mean, and cruel. Leave me alone.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
Posted : 11 Jul, 2020 04:36 PM

I guess you can add libel and smear tactics to that.

There was only one reason to invade this thread with that post: to smear me. He's just being a sore loser.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
Posted : 11 Jul, 2020 04:17 PM

Obviously Prophetic is being a sore loser, engaging in smear tactics across multiple threads. Other posters be warned. This is what you can expect from him.

Be more original next time, Prophetic.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
Posted : 11 Jul, 2020 04:12 PM

I won’t allow you to accuse me of Satanism behind my back, and libeling me on different threads will not go unnoticed.

Galatians 5:22-23 (AMP): But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is love [unselfish concern for others], joy, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.” And verse 25: If we [claim to] live by the [Holy] Spirit, we must also walk by the Spirit [with personal integrity, godly character, and moral courage—our conduct empowered by the Holy Spirit]. We must not become conceited, challenging or provoking one another, envying one another.”

How does libeling me on multiple threads demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit in your heart? How does your behavior inspire others to cultivate the fruit of the Spirit in their hearts?

(WaitingForJesus and Moonlight: I’m sorry about this repugnant interruption to your thread)

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
Come. See, Go, and Tell
Posted : 11 Jul, 2020 03:57 PM

Oooh, Aaah. You know how to use Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V. Welcome to the 21st century. I can copy and paste too.

I grow tired of your accusations of Satanism and won’t allow you to keep doing so without correction, and libeling me on different threads will not go unnoticed.

I copy and paste:

Corinthians was a letter. Get it? A LETTER. Do you know what that means? A letter has a SPECIFIC ADDRESSEE: Someone that the letter is specifically addressed to and sent to. Paul wrote that letter to the church IN CORINTH! Look around, Prophetic. WE ARE NOT IN CORINTH.

There is much wisdom in the letters from Paul, wisdom that is helpful to all of us and is sufficiently wise to be considered as part of God's Word. However, despite all of this, as a LETTER to a specific addressee, we are obligated as wise Christ followers to consider the context in which it was written and why Paul puts certain things in certain letters and not in others. In all letters there will naturally be a few things that pertain MORE TO THE ORIGINAL ADDRESSEE than they do to those to whom it was not SPECIFICALLY addressed.

In Corinth, there were a number of priestesses who dressed lavishly with many jewels as part of their religion and taught and spread their pagan beliefs. Paul’s message was to tell the women in the church at Corinth not to be like those priestesses. To set themselves apart from those priestesses practicing idolatry, the women at Corinth would have to dress more conservatively and refrain from teaching religious ideas. If we don’t have priestesses running around in lavish clothes and jewelry teaching idolatry, then such a restriction is not needed to set women in the church apart from women of other faiths.

Likewise, to be set apart from Satan (the accuser) and not be like him you cannot do what he does. If what he does is lie and deceive, you cannot lie and deceive. If what Satan does is hurl accusations to silence, shame, and twist people’s minds, you cannot hurl accusations.

If you think someone is mistaken, discuss the mistake, share your ideas calmly and rationally. Prove that women have nothing worthwhile to teach. Prove that women's silence is a directive that is everlasting through the context of the scriptures in which they're written.

Accusations get you nowhere. We all know this is Satan's M.O. If you don’t want to be tied to him, you have to change your tactics. If you won't change your tactics, then GET BEHIND ME.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
Posted : 11 Jul, 2020 03:11 PM

Well that conversation degenerated quickly…

First, Thank you very much, Moonlight and LittleDavid, for your support earlier in this thread.

Prophetic said: “Retromillenial: Unfortunately your points are not founded on the **WORD OF GOD** and like Satan you never use the **WORD OF GOD**.”

Ah, so now I’M a servant of Satan? Lovely; feel the love... My arguments are founded on the Word of God. The fact that I don’t simply bludgeon you with walls of tangentially relevant scripture verses is probably what throws you off. And since you seem to think you're the only one out there with the wisdom to understand and use them correctly, there's not much sense quoting scripture to you since you won't accept anyone's ideas but your own anyway. Maybe you compared me to Satan just because you thought I was doing that to you. Maybe you just enjoy harassing people just to get a rise out of them (which is cruel and vile). Maybe you have the Pharisees’ sense of self-righteousness, convinced of your own moral superiority and thinking that gives you the right to look down your nose at everyone else around you.

I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt the first time and assume you thought I was comparing you to Satan. I wasn’t actually comparing you to Satan in that post. I was saying that quoting scripture alone without formulating your argument is not enough in a debate like this. Satan can quote me scripture just as well as you can. For example, he quotes scripture in Luke 4:9 when tempting Jesus. Since Satan can bandy the Holy Scriptures around too, you have to demonstrate sincerity of purpose and provide reason and context to your scripture references so that your point shows merit and can be understood.

Now you again accuse me of being satanic. I remind you that the name of Satan also means “the accuser" and to date, you’re the only one who has been hurling accusations.

Now to address my “Extremely satanic” statement.

Corinthians was a letter. Get it? A LETTER. Do you know what that means? A letter has a SPECIFIC ADDRESSEE: Someone that the letter is specifically addressed to and sent to. Paul wrote that letter to the church IN CORINTH! Look around, Prophetic. WE ARE NOT IN CORINTH.

There is much wisdom in the letters from Paul, wisdom that is helpful to all of us and is sufficiently wise to be considered as part of God's Word. However, despite all of this, as a LETTER to a specific addressee, we are obligated as wise Christ followers to consider the context in which it was written and why Paul puts certain things in certain letters and not in others. In all letters there will naturally be a few things that pertain MORE TO THE ORIGINAL ADDRESSEE than they do to those to whom it was not SPECIFICALLY addressed.

In Corinth, there were a number of priestesses who dressed lavishly with many jewels as part of their religion and taught and spread their pagan beliefs. Paul’s message was to tell the women in the church at Corinth not to be like those priestesses. To set themselves apart from those priestesses practicing idolatry, the women at Corinth would have to dress more conservatively and refrain from teaching religious ideas. If we don’t have priestesses running around in lavish clothes and jewelry teaching idolatry, then such a restriction is not needed to set women in the church apart from women of other faiths.

Likewise, to be set apart from Satan (the accuser) and not be like him you cannot do what he does. If what he does is lie and deceive, you cannot lie and deceive. If what Satan does is hurl accusations to silence, shame, and twist people’s minds, you cannot hurl accusations.

If you think someone is mistaken, discuss the mistake, share your ideas calmly and rationally. Prove that women have nothing worthwhile to teach. Prove that women's silence is a directive that is everlasting through the context of the scriptures in which they're written.

Accusations get you nowhere. We all know this is Satan's M.O. If you don’t want to be tied to him, you have to change your tactics. If you won't change your tactics, then GET BEHIND ME.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
Come. See, Go, and Tell
Posted : 11 Jul, 2020 12:01 PM

Wait, hold the phone a sec!

Moonlight: You said that the women went to tell the disciples the Good News that Jesus was RISEN.

This is absolutely true. The men were all in hiding at this point. The women had gone to the tomb and received this message.

This message is a huge part of what we commonly refer to as the "Gospel Message" However, Prophetic, you said, "The angel told the women in Matthew 28:6,7 to tell the disciples that Jesus had risen from the dead and that He is going to Galilee where they will see Him.

The women did not sin since they did not teach the disciples the Word of God."

However, this message they shared is recorded in the Bible multiple times in the Gospels, as is the fact that they shared it! Also, since the men were hiding away in fear, they had to be taught that what had been foretold had in fact taken place. So, is the message these women carried to the disciples the Word of God that they shared with the men, or isn't it? Sure, it was an angel that shared it with the women, but Who do you think sent the angel? If the message was not the Word of God, when did it BECOME the Word of God? Was it when Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John put pen to parchment? Was it when the early church set out the scrolls they had and pointed to those gospels and said "Those should be in the New Testament"?

It's true that the woman sinned before the man did, but you notice Adam didn't require much arm twisting to sin. In fact, all Eve had to do was put the fruit in his hand. God also has a wonderful way of providing an opportunity to atone for mistakes.

Genesis 3:15 (AMP): "And I will put enmity (open hostility) between you (the serpent/Satan) and the woman, and between your seed (offspring) and her seed** He shall [fatally] bruise your head, and you shall [only] bruise His heel."

**Many consider this reference to seed to be a first prophesy of the messiah. The heel is one of the toughest parts of the human body, but one way it's said to be possible to bruise it is through crucifixion. If it is, this is a means by which the atonement for the woman and all of mankind will come through the woman, and ONLY the woman because of Mary's virgin birth.

To add to this, the first message of atonement for sin and the crux of the Gospel Message was placed in the care of women first before anyone else. So as mankind falls through the act of women, so news of his reconciliation comes through the same!

Need another example of how God gives the opportunity to atone for sins? Matthew 26:33 (AMP) "Peter replied to Him (Jesus), " Though they all fall away because of You [and doubt and disown You], I will never fall away!" Jesus said, "I assure you and most solemnly say to you, this night, before a rooster crows, you will [completely] deny Me three times."

Then, after Jesus is risen and stands before the disciples, John records an interesting conversation. John 21:15 (AMP) "So when they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these [others do--with total commitment and devotion]?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You [with a deep, personal affection, as for a close friend]." Jesus said to him, "Feed My lambs." Again He said to him a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me [With total commitment and devotion]?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You [with a deep, personal affection, as for a close friend]." Jesus said to him, "Shepherd My sheep." He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me [with a deep, personal affection for Me, as for a close friend]?" Peter was grieved that He asked him the third time, {***This was probably because Peter realized WHY he was being asked. This was a direct result of his 3x denial.} "Do you [really] love Me [with a deep personal affection as for a close friend]?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know everything; You know that I love You [with a deep, personal affection as for a close friend]." Jesus said to him, "Feed my sheep."

God gives us the chance to atone for our sins. Sometimes atonement to be paid is everlasting, like the pain during childbirth God says Eve and her descendants will have to endure and the curse of sweat and exhaustion to be paid by men by working on the land. However, when the circle of certain acts of atonement (the Messiah born through only the woman's seed or Peter having to say "Lord, you know I love you," for the third time, is it just to continue to hold a grudge against women for the initial sin or Peter for his denials? If a woman is an atheist man's last hope to turn his life over to Christ, which is the greater sin, to speak the gospel to him that he may learn, or let him pass away to never hear the message?

Let us not forget that the message to the Corinthian church about women being silent in church was addressed to the church at Corinth first. We can debate whether it applies to us hundreds of years later as well, but if it is a blanket directive for ALL Christians everywhere, why is this directive only appearing in letters addressed to specific churches? It could be that there were cultural issues in those areas that necessitated special directions to those churches, in which case it does not apply to us now in the same way. It's important to not just be able to regurgitate scripture on demand, but to know what it means and why it's there so that when you do quote it, you do so with a specific purpose in keeping with its initial purpose.

When there's a job to be done, I don't care about your hardware, how you're built, what color you are, or where you hail from. I care about whether you have the skills and personality necessary to effectively do the job. Do the job your personality is best suited to. If it's being the pastor, be the best pastor you can be regardless of your gender, age, color, or creed. If you're best for leading Bible studies, go start one. If you're best suited to overseas missions, get your passport. If you're best suited to being the janitor, grab your mop. Just figure out what you're best at and do the job and stop whining over who should or shouldn't be allowed to do the jobs. God decides what skills we have, not public opinion.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10