Author Thread
Romy_Romy^

View Profile
Guy Expressing His Love Within A Month.. Red Flag?
Posted : 6 Sep, 2021 02:47 PM

The social media part at the beginning is not very strange, since it can be easier at times on an app you are used to, but literally everything else screams worrying haha.

Romy_Romy^

View Profile
Science Fiction
Posted : 6 Sep, 2021 02:45 PM

I just finished Liu Cixin 'The Three Body Problem' trilogy. He has become the first famous Chinese science fiction writer and has won huge awards in this area.

I had never read sci fi before and these books were absolutely incredible, and the science he discusses is actually quite plausible, which shows the level of his research when writing ^^

Romy_Romy^

View Profile
Walking with God through pain and suffereing. Timothy Keller
Posted : 6 Sep, 2021 02:40 PM

A truly brilliant book. If you google Tim Keller sermons, or even youtube, he has many sermons on this topic which cover the same material, in case someone wants to 'hear' it instead :D

Romy_Romy^

View Profile
Walking with God through pain and suffereing. Timothy Keller
Posted : 6 Sep, 2021 02:40 PM

A truly brilliant book. If you google Tim Keller sermons, or even youtube, he has many sermons on this topic which cover the same material, in case someone wants to 'hear' it instead :D

Romy_Romy^

View Profile
Brilliant authors I have discovered in the last 2 years :D
Posted : 6 Sep, 2021 01:44 PM

Hello all,

I have discovered a few amazing authors over the last few years, and because they are from the past, they tend to not be mentioned often, yet I feel like I have discovered treasure lol.

For anything looking for a new author to try, perhaps someone from the list, with a recommended book from myself, could spark a love for their writings:

Charles Spurgeon 'Lectures to my students'.

John Calvin 'Institutes of the Christian Religion'

Augustine 'Confessions',

John Owen 'The Glory of Christ',

CS Lewis - 'The Screwtape Letters',

John Bunyan - Grace Abounding in the Chief of sinners,

JC Ryle - Expository thoughts on the gospels

Happy reading all :D