Author Thread
patience27

View Profile
Angels
Posted : 21 Dec, 2008 06:02 PM

Hi Will and everyone else out there!

I saw my Guardian Angel when I was very little and still remember as if it was yesterday. I was about 10 years old and was sleeping facing the wall. I remember waking up and rolling on my other side and that is when I saw him. He was extremely tall and the ceiling cut off his head, he was hovering a foot off the ground and was clothed in white. The Angel was shining brilliantly and everything around him was lit up. He didn't move nor did he speak but I knew he was there for me. I wasn't afraid, just shocked and overwhelmed. I ran screaming from bed and rushed into my parents' room. I was only a child and didn't really understand what I just witnessed. I believe that the Lord hid the Angel's face because it was too much for me to handle but it was a most awsome experience.

I believe we are blessed with spiritual eyes in which the Lord can reveal things to us in his timing in order to show and teach us in our walk with him.

That is the only time I ever saw in Angel. There was another time when I was praising the Lord in Church and God opened my ears. Along with the praises I heard a choir of Angels also praising God. There is no way to express in words how they sounded, so I won't even attempt it. We are definately not alone and this proves how much the Lord loves us.

You are NOT crazy Will! Just very blessed!

Maxine

patience27

View Profile
Fruit of the Spirit
Posted : 31 Jul, 2008 10:47 PM

I have been doing some studying on the Fruits of the Spirit which are easy to read about and difficult to put into practice. There is a wonderful book by Joyce Meyer entitled "Secrets to Exceptional Living" in which she teaches about the Fruit of the Spirit and the role it plays in our daily lives. Joyce explains how the other 8 fruits all spring from love and that love and self-control serve as bookends keeping the rest in check. I thought that was a beautiful way of explaining the importance of developing the fruit throughout our relationship with Him. What are your thoughts and insights concerning the Fruit of the Spirit?

patience27

View Profile
Favorite Story in the Bible
Posted : 29 Jul, 2008 09:49 PM

The story of Esther is my favourite biblical tale. It never ceases to amaze me how the Lord can use ordinary people to accomplish the extraordinary in the lives of others. Whenever I become discouraged with my circumstances, I remember this story and realise that God also has a plan for me and that I need to stay close to him to bring it to fruition.

patience27

View Profile
Ontario, Canada
Posted : 11 Jul, 2008 11:25 AM

I just wanted to say "hi" to everyone, especially all those living in Toronto and the surrounding areas!