Author Thread
Maureen_S^

View Profile
Is he interested, or just being friendly (irl)?
Posted : 19 Nov, 2023 02:15 PM

I've had both kinds of responses from IRL chats with men. I've had some that have shown signs of being interested. I've also had some times where the man is just wanting to make conversation to pass the time. I have no problems with either approach.

My advice is to pray about it. Pray that God will give you discernment. Pray that God will help you know what to say/do if you should have a chance encounter.

Maureen_S^

View Profile
Should I be more cautious
Posted : 29 Oct, 2023 08:35 AM

Listen to your gut. Often the Holy Spirit guides us this way.

Nothing wrong with going slow. Time will reveal a lot of things, so do not feel pressured to return a picture if you are given one.

As for blocking people outside the country where you live, in this site, under settings, you have to check mark a specific country you want excluded from connecting you. Then, save that setting. Then, go back in and choose the next country. Save. If you to that (a laborious process) it will work.

Maureen_S^

View Profile
Women's dating trend
Posted : 29 Oct, 2023 08:30 AM

I can speak from personal experience that it is not only women who do this.

Maureen_S^

View Profile
CHALLENGE
Posted : 29 Oct, 2023 08:28 AM

For me, it has been 1) finding a true Christian man who lives in my State, and 2) finding a true Christian man.

Maureen_S^

View Profile
You have a Man you are dating
Posted : 8 Oct, 2023 02:37 PM

Do they both agree the relationship is exclusive? I would say that is cheating.

If she is exclusive but they haven't discussed it, then no I don't believe that is cheating.

Maureen_S^

View Profile
profiles on dating websites
Posted : 19 Jul, 2023 04:51 AM

I haven't ever seen a site ask you for the number of your weight. VERY few people would put their true weight, I'm guessing. Most sites will ask you to select from a list of body types.

The best way to tell if someone is lying about their weight (aside from weighing them of course) is to catch them in other lies.

Be careful, go slow, and use discernment.

Maureen_S^

View Profile
Please be careful
Posted : 16 Jul, 2023 05:59 AM

Thank you for this. All true. Be careful, go slowly, use discernment.

Maureen_S^

View Profile
So, I met a Bot the other day
Posted : 4 Jul, 2023 06:29 AM

I had one last week. He's gone now. He kept repeating back to me what I said to him. Answered in vague phrases. I almost got to have fun with it, thinking of something to say that would get an odd reply back, but by then he'd been banned.

Maureen_S^

View Profile
First AI Response
Posted : 28 Jun, 2023 05:47 PM

Yesterday I got what I believe to be an AI generated email exchange with a person who contacted me. I am always slow and cautious when emailing someone for the first time. I began to have my suspicious, and by about the 4th email it was obvious. He wasn't really answering my questions. He was parroting what I was saying to him. He's banned now - not my doing, just the site doing its job. Be careful, go slow. Pray.

Maureen_S^

View Profile
Not everyone is bad
Posted : 27 Jun, 2023 05:26 PM

True! Not all men are bad, nor are all women bad. This is a free site, so you will get all kinds of folks here. Ask for discernment, go slow. Be patient.

Easier said than done, I know!

Page : 1 2