Author Thread
sdottrent

View Profile
Make sure you've got what's required
Posted : 21 Oct, 2023 04:40 AM

A Taxi Driver is not going to complete his 5 mile journey if he has only got 2 miles worth of petrol in the tank.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

What power do you have??

sdottrent

View Profile
Don't Get it
Posted : 20 Oct, 2023 02:32 AM

But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

If I have gained some pounds over the last year and now I am starting to look out of shape, I can believe I need to lose weight, I can even confess this very thing to a friend but my believe nor my confession will automatically shed the weight so I am looking back in shape. Action is required.

sdottrent

View Profile
The start of the journey is the most important!!
Posted : 19 Oct, 2023 01:23 PM

Matthew 25:1-4

Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

There is some things if you don't get right at the start will cause you not end up at the desired destination.

sdottrent

View Profile
You have to get it right at the start
Posted : 9 Oct, 2023 01:20 PM

You don't become immediately born gain after you give your life to Christ, You become born again once you repent and get baptized and receive the Holy Ghost.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mark 1:8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

How do you know when you have received the Holy Ghost? You will hear the sound = speaking in other tongues.

John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 10:[44] While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. [45] And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. [46] For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, [47] Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?[48] And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so

sdottrent

View Profile
The reason why you are struggling
Posted : 7 Oct, 2023 12:37 PM

When a caterpillar transforms into a butterfly, the butterfly doesn't continue crawling around.

And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old. And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish. But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved. No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better

sdottrent

View Profile
''I love them that love me''
Posted : 3 Sep, 2023 06:32 AM

Psalms 119:24

For a certain season I was unemployed and i felt like i had applied for every job in the U.K without any responses at all, very frustrating. And then one day I was out preaching the Gospel and I came across a guy that seemed to be skeptical about speaking in tongues because he had been to quite a few churches where he felt people where just making it up. We came to an agreement that I would pray for him and me that we would get work, he was unemployed aswell. I prayed in front of the guy in tongues, he went on his way, I was about a 7-10 minute walk from my dwelling place and by the time i had reached the front of the house I noticed a missed call, called the number back and it ended up being my new job with no interview. This testimony is a reminded to me Matthew 6:31-33 & Psalms 37:4

sdottrent

View Profile
Therefore if any maold things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Posted : 3 Sep, 2023 06:15 AM

In the summer of 2017 a friend sent me a video which I watched over and over which caused me to start asking the big questions within; Was the world created for a specific purpose? Was mankind created for a specific purpose? Was the world created specifically for mankind to live in? Are we humans the only ones in the whole world? I started searching the internet for the answers, I concluded that I would find my answers in the bible. So, I started reading the bible, however it didn’t make sense, so I stopped reading and just got back on with my life. Soon later I was stopped on the street on two different occasions by two different people each time telling me about the evidence I could receive to prove it's possible to have a personal relationship with the God of the bible. I was offered the same leaflet invitation on both occasions. Some words and phrases which I heard that day I still remember to this day; REPENT, GET BAPTIZED, HOLY GHOST and SPEAKING IN TONGUES. I had a job in a restaurant as a Chef on the days that the meetings were, so I didn’t really have any real desire to go and check it out, however my shifts got changed around which meant on this one particular Sunday I was sitting in my room feeling quite bored and I looked down and saw the leaflet on the floor and decided to go along. I was baptized like Jesus did and after coming up out of the water, I prayed to receive the Holy Ghost, but nothing happened. 21 days later after consistently asking, something happened. Forsaking searching up prayers online to say to God I decided to just speak from my heart, then suddenly this strange sounds started pouring out my mouth, a real powerful experience. This was accompanied with an explosion of joy which I had never experienced before in my life, I stopped speaking and started speaking again and the same strange sounds were flooding out with the joy still present. A couple of days later lying in bed I experienced this truly sensational feeling of peace for the first time in my life, It felt like a weight was lifted of my shoulders.

I’ve been freed of my addiction of trying to sleep with women

I've been freed of my addiction of watching fornication content

I've been healed of Migraines

I've been healed of hay fever

I no longer curse and swear

I no longer gamble

I no longer fight

I have a joy and peace in my life that I didn’t even know even existed

I no longer take drugs

I hardly ever get angry anymore

I find it easy to forgive

I’ve been freed of my addiction to gaming