Author Thread
mom2twinz

View Profile
Do you think Christian people have less desire for relationships to divorced/single parents?
Posted : 28 Jan, 2014 04:15 PM

Being a divorced mom (I will not ever say that I am Single, because I have been married...Single people have never been married...JMO)...I would have to say it depends on the person. I've been divorced almost 2 years now and I haven't had any problems with someone approaching me, on any dating sites.

I think that most people, Christians included, do not understand what God means when it says in Scripture about divorce. I didn't understand it and one day when I was at a low point my pastor spoke on the subject. It made my heart sing!!!

God doesn't like divorce because the woman is no longer under the protection or cover of the man! Not because it is a SIN!!! God covers us and protects us, but when a man and woman get married, the man in the Christian marriage, covers his wife and family.

I was unequally yoked with my ex-husband. I did not want to divorce because I didn't believe in it. But God's Peace and Mercy and Wisdom gave me the revelation, that this man that I had married, was not the man God had chosen for me.

If you are single and are interested in a man or woman that is divorced or a single parent...why not get to know them and understand why that is. Just don't ASSUME.

Don't ASSUME that because we are single parents that we want you to take on the responsibility of our children. Most of us aren't looking for a replacement parent. Some of us have perfectly good relationships with the other parent.

I have been fortunate enough that the men that I have talked to along my new journey as a divorced mom are not worried about the face that I have small children. They accept me for who I am and my family. I'm a package deal...my children come first before anything in a relationship. They get it.

Just my opinion of course.