Author Thread
TheUncanny^

View Profile
Does a separated not yet annuled (since divorce is not allowed in Philippines) can be considered as single parent?
Posted : 6 Aug, 2014 12:12 PM

So sorry to hear of your predicament.You are not alone in this matter since it is very common to see this kind of thing happen in the Phillipines .The law there establishes a marriage as binding and cannot be annuled.

Now that being said ,there are certain loopholes to get around this ..but are very costly and usually take anywhere between 2 and 5 years to finally get the result you are looking for,wich is to be divorced legally or better said annuled...since the term divorced does not apply in that country. I t is the only place on earth that does not let people get divorced legally for a range of reasons including Adultery..Neglect ..abuse and so on and so on.

Basically the only options are to submit for a legal separation (wich keeps you married still)just so you can live separated from the abuser or have enough money to go thru the goverments process and see.Still it wont give any guarantees that it will be annuled. All I can say is that there are many good Men and Women trapped with these abusive spouses do to these laws in the Phillipines.

TheUncanny^

View Profile
Does a separated not yet annuled (since divorce is not allowed in Philippines) can be considered as single parent?
Posted : 6 Aug, 2014 12:12 PM

So sorry to hear of your predicament.You are not alone in this matter since it is very common to see this kind of thing happen in the Phillipines .The law there establishes a marriage as binding and cannot be annuled.

Now that being said ,there are certain loopholes to get around this ..but are very costly and usually take anywhere between 2 and 5 years to finally get the result you are looking for,wich is to be divorced legally or better said annuled...since the term divorced does not apply in that country. I t is the only place on earth that does not let people get divorced legally for a range of reasons including Adultery..Neglect ..abuse and so on and so on.

Basically the only options are to submit for a legal separation (wich keeps you married still)just so you can live separated from the abuser or have enough money to go thru the goverments process and see.Still it wont give any guarantees that it will be annuled. All I can say is that there are many good Men and Women trapped with these abusive spouses do to these laws in the Phillipines.