Where have all the virtuous women gone?
Posted : 14 Oct, 2014 08:26 PM

DHTM

Im done here. I'll keep my pearls.

Apostelle

View Profile
Posted : 13 Oct, 2014 06:12 AM

God told Hosea to marry Gomer as an example to Israel. Israel had "prostituted" itself to false gods and idolatry.

Im not Hosea and God has given me no such command. And the fact that someone uses this as an example is disturbing. I do not have to "prove" my righteousness. I am under the Grace. It is as if youre saying "If you were a real Chistian you would go out and marry a harlot". That, in and of itself, is incorrect thinking.

I will not send my soul to Hell so that someone can "feel good about themselves". If men and women had some self control and didnt just hop into bed, or marriage, with the first person they lusted after, this world would be a much better place.

Apostelle

View Profile
Posted : 12 Oct, 2014 07:59 AM

You still seem to be confusing vitrue with morality, dkj255.

Show me in the Bible where Jesus says it is ok to marry an adulteress? Nowhere in the Bible does Jesus contradict Himself like that. It doesnt say, "Thou shalt not marry a woman who has been put away for adultery...unless she repents, then it okey-dokey".

And for the record virtuous means "with virtue". If a woman has given away her virtue, she has given away her virginity!

Apostelle

View Profile
Posted : 10 Oct, 2014 07:17 AM

DHTM.

A woman cheats on her husband and he divorces her. She later repents of her sin and is forgiven, she still can not marry. Although her sin has been forgiven, she is still not virtuous.

virtuous

/ˈvɜːtʃʊəs/

adjective

1. characterized by or possessing virtue or moral excellence; righteous; upright

2. (of women) chaste or virginal

A prostitute can be forgiven her sins, but she is still not virtuous.

Apostelle

View Profile
Hello from Texas!
Posted : 9 Oct, 2014 09:15 PM

All I can say is welcome. Ive been on here several years and havent met a single lady that Im compatible with. But I wish you well.

God bless you.

Apostelle

View Profile
Posted : 9 Oct, 2014 05:32 PM

Hello AngieVisage.

It was really an open question, but I was primarily interested in what women had to say.

It isnt just that virtuous women are busy. Here in the US we have had a sharp decline in morality. Virtue is almost unheard of in a women who has never married by the age of 30. This applies even to women who call themselves Christians. Alot of Americans think that virtue and morality mean the same thing.

And to many, if they havent robbed or killed someone, they think of themselves as "moral" and "virtuous".

Apostelle

View Profile
Should u settle?
Posted : 7 Oct, 2014 06:02 AM

I was always of the mind that it is better to be happily single than miserably married. But I cant tell you what to do. Only you know if he is the right one. Personally, I would never get married because I was afraid I would never find someone. That is a recipe for disaster because you may spend most of your married life wondering if you missed the man/woman God has ordained for you.

Apostelle

View Profile
Posted : 5 Oct, 2014 03:05 PM

@A_COOL_66

Exactly! That is the main reason I will not court a divorced woman.

Apostelle

View Profile
Should u settle?
Posted : 5 Oct, 2014 03:31 AM

I have never, and will never, settle.

Apostelle

View Profile
Posted : 5 Oct, 2014 02:24 AM

( There are still a few of us left. Not saying that it's easy. But it goes both ways. When we constantly go from "hey how are you?" Then jump to something sexual. And I'm not blaming anyone other than ourselves but we are sinners who give in to fleshly desires too but with God's help we overcome things like that.)

I dont. Never have. Unfortunately, most people dont know, or have forgotten, what virtuous really means.

I hear people speak of being moral. However, they do not know what it means to truly be a moral person. I had a conversation once about morality. The person I was speaking to said, "I have never robbed or murdered anyone". For some reason, he thought that that made him a moral person.

If we repent and ask forgiveness for our sins, we are still bound by our acts. A woman who commits adultery, and is divorced, while she may be forgiven by God, is still prohibited from remarriage. Forgiveness is for the life after this one. Forgiveness is not a free pass to commit another sin.

A Catholic friend of mine was bragging about the number of women he had slept with and about how much he drank on weekends. I said, "But brother, dont you know that each time you do that it is a sin?"

He said, "Its ok, I go to Confession every Sunday".

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10