Posted : 19 Jul, 2012 12:00 PM

Thank you for sharing this Simplyme.

Athena28

View Profile
Men, what are we going to do?
Posted : 19 Jul, 2012 11:23 AM

Grace K, Trust B,

Galations 2:20,

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me"

Galations 3:28,

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither "Male nor Female": for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

Colossians 3:11,

"Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all."

It is the presence of Christ Jesus Himself within women that is being discussed and questioned here, and Christ at any time, in anyone, male or female is able to exercise His Authority as needed depending upon the situation, as was the case with Deborah in Judges 4, the daughters of Zelophehad in Numbers 27, the man who had 4 daughters who prophesied in Acts 21:9 and in many other passages in scripture.

While the verses above describe the "substance" of every believer (Christ), whether male or female, Paul's teachings describe the "ordinary" way in which the body of Christ or the church operates.

Much like a human body, if the legs are missing, the arms may be called into action in order to compensate and survive.

When men as pastors, husbands and fathers do not actively engage as spiritual leaders, Christ's presence within a woman will inherently take the lead as the Spirit of Christ bears more authority than mere gender.

Does this mean that women should desire to be over men? Not at all. To do so would be a mockery of Jesus' submission to the Father. Women are designed to place themselves into the hands of God's Spirit within their pastors, husbands and fathers, but when HIS Spirit is lacking within men, women need to hold fast to Christ and to the leading of the Holy Spirit, not the letter of the Law.

Athena28

View Profile
Loosing Touch With Our Children...
Posted : 10 Jul, 2012 04:00 AM

Dear me Mr. Dreamtime,

Tortoise, frog, turtle, lizard....they're kinda all the same to me.

I thought he was the biggest turtle I've ever seen

maybe i should watch more nature shows Lol :ROFL: hehe

Athena28

View Profile
Where Do She "Fit"?
Posted : 10 Jul, 2012 03:51 AM

Grace,

You're fortunate to know what your gifts are. As I slowly rediscover who I am in the Lord, for the first time, I'm discovering the gifts God has given me and what they are for.

Before we come to know God, we tend to use our gifts to serve ourselves. It is only after we come to know Christ, that we realize our gifts were meant for serving others, and it is in that realization that we discover who God created us to be!

Before I knew God, how could I have known what true attraction was? It was impossible. Only now by the grace of God have I been able to experience what is truly attractive in a man and in such a way that my desires are now in alignment with God's will. Praise God for his forgiveness, grace and mercy!

Athena28

View Profile
The Parable of the Great Banquet
Posted : 8 Jul, 2012 08:27 PM

Thanks dljrn04 for your insightful response.

Athena28

View Profile
Number one thing (or two) that we young people need to work on.....
Posted : 8 Jul, 2012 03:31 PM

What have I needed to work on?

In the past, even as a Christian, I have viewed men and relationships unto self instead of unto the Lord. Because of this I have suffered the natural consequences of allowing my sinful nature to define what I found attractive. Instead of being attracted to Christ's likeness in men, my sinful nature was attracted to the sinful natures of men.

"Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit" (John 3:6).

Our flesh will be attracted to the flesh of others, while God's Spirit within us will be attracted to HIS Spirit in others. The difference in these two is the difference between life and death and we must learn to know the difference by the grace of God.

It is VERY easy to view someone's appearance, profession or social standing while failing completely to consider whether God has prepared them or not to "serve" in the office of marriage, motherhood or fatherhood.

Athena28

View Profile
Dating vs Courting?
Posted : 8 Jul, 2012 12:55 PM

jz4,

Nice definition

Athena28

View Profile
Where Do She "Fit"?
Posted : 8 Jul, 2012 12:49 PM

What talents and gifts would I desire in my future husband?

The more I desire my relationship with God above all else, the more I desire a man who is able to bring me into the kind of relationship with God I desire.

I want a man whose gifts and abilities reveal Christ in me more and more.

I want a man who will allow me to be a child coming to Jesus in his embrace.

I want a man who is able to bring me home.

Many men have talents and gifts, but not all men's talents and gifts are being used, guided and directed by God, in which case they are useless.

Athena28

View Profile
Deceit
Posted : 7 Jul, 2012 10:36 PM

Proverbs 31:30 says that charm is deceptive and beauty (or being handsome) is fleeting, but that a woman or man who fears the Lord is to be praised.

When we ladies have been hurt and are vulnerable it is easy to be swept away by the charm and attention of a man instead of cautiously examining a man's relationship with God.

When you talk to a guy and he puts his best foot forward, is his best foot himself (charm)? Is it you (flattery)? Or does he defer that honor to the Lord by placing Him first in his conversation?

Athena28

View Profile
Loosing Touch With Our Children...
Posted : 7 Jul, 2012 10:01 PM

You're quite welcome :rolleyes:

You should post pics of your new pet turtle on your profile! Lol

Page : 1 2