Author Thread
Rock4Christ

View Profile
Abstinence/ Purity rings?
Posted : 30 Sep, 2011 02:27 PM

in wearing anything as a sign or a symbol for something else, I think it matters more on what the purpose for it is. There is nothing wrong with sharing your faith, practice, habits, etc... in externals. However if it becomes the focus it is a problem. This is actually very similar to the circumcision issues in the ancient church. Obviously this is no where near as serious, but with your focus and concern on it, I would be concerned over the undue attention it may attract from others. If you are pure then be pure, if you intend on waiting on marriage then show it through prudence and wise decisions. In this the ring wont even be necessary as most people will know by the history you are creating what and for whom you are living/creating it.

But, if you want to wear a ring that helps remind you of what you want to do, then go for it! just make sure you are able to do so when the ring is not there.

Like Paul instructed the people at Colossi, circumcision is of the heart not of the flesh. Even though he caused Timothy to be circumcised to please the religious practices of the Jews so Timothy could go into the synagogues, he knew that the outward appearance of things was not what was important, it was Timothy's heart. This is shown in Timothy being the only person from Paul to receive a couple letters of instruction and the title of his 'spiritual son' and later the role of pastoring the church of Ephesus.

I hope I was not confusing in my explanation, if there is any questions, please send me a message.

blessings,

Rock

Rock4Christ

View Profile
attributes of the anti-messiah
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 08:59 PM

all of us have the potential to be this man/woman... to be the anti-Christ, or like him, all we need to do is be selfish and only care for ourselves.

Rock4Christ

View Profile
These Two laws:
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 08:55 PM

I think both of these laws are made null, no matter what they may be described by, through love. If we seek to replace this 'law' with any other we will fail all laws, that is laws according to the will of God. However, if there is something that I did not address, send me an email and ask or explain more. If you were just fishing and trying to correct others with your questions, I just hope your intentions were caused by love, first for God, then for those who may read what you leave behind.

Rock4Christ

View Profile
Question concering Alcahol
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 08:49 PM

Love2cook-

what helps with the kidney stones in the beer is the yeast, obviously you need it in a liquid form, but you can also get it from non-alcoholic beer. However, it only warns about drinking in the scriptures and does not actually forbid it. The exact warning it gives i believe is found in Eph where is says that drinking leads to dissipation in some translations. But, no, having a drink will not cause you to go to hell, unless of course it becomes a replacement for Christ and causes your character to change in opposition to Him.

Rock4Christ

View Profile
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 08:40 PM

I suppose that would depend on how you define avatar... in some sense He was a representation of God, being that He was the invisible God made visible, however, He was also 100% God as well. An avatar is usually only a representation of something greater, Jesus was that something greater. He only chose not to abuse that, but rather humble Himself to the will of His Father, as in according to the scriptures. So in the human sense Jesus is an avatar, in the Spiritual He was God. Jesus is 100% God and 100% man, 2 100% in one.

Rock4Christ

View Profile
Can you find the words?
Posted : 19 Jan, 2011 05:41 PM

God reaching out to us

Rock4Christ

View Profile
Just something I've always wondered about.
Posted : 19 Jan, 2011 05:39 PM

regardless of a person's actions what is really important is the motivation behind them. Smoking, drinking and/or drugs is not necessarily something that will keep you from heaven or even be a form of suicide, unless that is your intended outcome for doing those things. I will add to this though that a dependance upon those things will show a lack of trust with God. Also, with drinking in any situation, the bible actually does not forbid someone to have a drink, but it does warn about doing that could cause you to walk away and disbelieve from a faith in Jesus. This reference is in Ephesians some translations will use the word dissipation.

Rock4Christ

View Profile
Do you think long distance relatiosnhip will work on you?
Posted : 28 May, 2010 06:37 PM

long distance relationships...

personally, it would depend on the goals of each person as an individual. for myself right now, it would not work. why?

well, ever try and give your all to something and yet have a constant thought in the back of your mind about something else?

having a long distance relationship would be like that with me.

I would not be able to give my full attention to anything, whether it was ministry, school, or even work, because I would always be thinking about the next time speaking with her, or being able to visit. I am not saying that it is impossible, just very difficult to stay focused on what is needed to be done.

Otherwise, this is very possible, and like I said above it just depends on the goals of each individual person.

Also in favor of keeping things local- how else would you get to know the true character of a person?

over the phone or the internet someone can just 'fake' a persona and appear to be something they are not. True character is shown when there is stress and a person does not get what they want. Without serving in a ministry, working together, or being around when things are hard (i.e. stress filled days, sleepless nights, hardships in life, persecution, etc.) a person's true character will never be shown, and what a wake up call it will be when you are already married, have a few children and the economy takes a dive, one of you loses a job and your child is sick? by then it is too late to change your mind and decide you cant do this (a relationship). forgive me if these words are offensive, just hoping to share some wisdom. The divorce rate amongst christians is way too close to that of non-christians, this should not be. God gives grace, but we should first seek wisdom and rely on grace for mistakes, not as a plan.

Rock4Christ

View Profile
Unlimited Atonement:
Posted : 23 May, 2010 02:13 PM

I hope I am not coming into a scene where I am tugging on a growling dogs ears, but I think there is some miscommunication here-

scripture clearly states that all who call upon the name of Jesus Christ will be saved. And those who place their trust in Jesus will not parish.

The exact verses escape me at the moment, but the first is in romans, and the other the gospel of John. I think at the heart of this discussion is something that theologians have argued over for centuries, and that's the debate clearly explained in Arminianism and Calvinism.

Personally, Jesus did die for all of mankind, so that they would have the opportunity to be saved, not that everyone WOULD be saved. God still grants us free will, that is a choice. We can choose to follow God/Jesus, or we can decide not to, and because of that indecision make a choice to follow the devil.

Gentlemen, I am a little disappointed in the overall atmosphere of this discussion, and would encourage both of you to consider 2Timothy2:24-26, not only for those that are reading this post, but for your own spiritual growth and maturity.

Love you both, and hope we all continue to learn and grow in grace.

Rockne

Rock4Christ

View Profile
Question ... I've been asked this a lot recently... (Open to Men & Women)
Posted : 23 May, 2010 01:50 PM

I have not read everyone else's post so I do not know if this is a repeat or not. with that this is what I think-

It would be best if the person stayed elsewhere, I would even say a friends house over a hotel, and a hotel over your own place.

Already there is an interest between the two of you, specially if they are willing to travel a FAR distance to see you, why would you provide an atmosphere where that person could stumble, or possibly the both of you commit sin?

Also, I say a friends place, or even a relative, because they know you better than him/her (for those reading) and they will hopefully, give you a good place of suggestion based upon the way they behave in the short time there. It is true the proverb that says "love cocers a multitude of sins" it is also true about that same love to conceal some drastic bad habits, that you may not even see until its too late, i.e. marriage. When they stay with someone else of their same sex that is close to you and knows your likes and dislikes, then they will be able to see more about this person and hopefull instruct you in wisdom in regards to a future in the relationship.

Page : 1 2