Author Thread
CompassionateSoul

View Profile
Dating a divorced man
Posted : 14 Aug, 2012 12:19 PM

Letthismind,

I was not referring to any one post in particular. I was generalizing regarding juding people who have been divorced and may have been saved after said divorces.

Regarding people being abused in relationships I have read some of your posts on other forums. I know you think if a woman is not confrontational but supportive then the aabuse would stop. I also see that you are blaming the church for divorces. But what I see is that lots of people who have been divorced are either not saved themselves or their partner is not. In this instance God is not in the relationship so the Church could not play a part in the divorce. I think there should be less pointing of fingers an d more people taking their own problems up with God instead of others condeming them.

As a new christian it is hard to read the words that have been written in this post and still remember that my sins are forgiven and what happened before I was saved does not matter. When my sins are thrown in my face it enables Satan to use them to make me question and doubt. Christians need support and encouragement not to be torn down for things that have happened. You can not get undivorced. So if a Christian has done something they shoudl not is it not up to them to ask forgiveness from God?

CompassionateSoul

View Profile
Dating a divorced man
Posted : 14 Aug, 2012 07:16 AM

This is a very sensitive topic and I think that it is great that everyone is posting their experiences and beliefs.

I think that we have to be careful as Christians when making judgemental remarks (or ones that can seem judgemental). I myself have been divorced twice. Yes, twice. However, I was only just saved this May. Therefore, when I was saved sins from my past life are all covered in the blood of Christ.

I do agree that there are times when people would rather quit than work for a relationship. However, I can not see that God would want someone to be abused daily just to keep from getting a divorce. He protects us and keeps us safe.

Basically, I just wanted to say please be careful how you are condeming peoples actions when you do not know their story. It is for God to pass judment and grant forgiveness, not us.

CompassionateSoul

View Profile
Just dropping in.
Posted : 14 Aug, 2012 06:10 AM

Congratulations on your decision to let Christ into your life! It is an awsome experience! I was just saved in May myself!

CompassionateSoul

View Profile
Getting to know people
Posted : 14 Aug, 2012 06:06 AM

Thanks you guys for your input. Crayola- I agree phone conversation or at least chat messaging is much more conducive for conversation.

CompassionateSoul

View Profile
Getting to know people
Posted : 10 Aug, 2012 11:25 AM

Hello Guys! I just had a question that I needed to ask based on some recent experiences.

What do you think is the best way for two people to get to know each other on CDFF?

I feel that just have actual conversation is better than throwing a list of questions at each other and answering them. You can learn more about a persons actual character through in-depth conversation than asking them short answer questions or even closed ended questions.

Opinions from the opposite sex are appreciated!

Thanks! Faith

CompassionateSoul

View Profile
To All Single Parents
Posted : 6 Aug, 2012 07:49 AM

Thank you for sharing that! It was right on!

CompassionateSoul

View Profile
Hi everybody :)
Posted : 6 Aug, 2012 07:40 AM

Hello and may God Bless you in your search!

CompassionateSoul

View Profile
Can the young ladies say why they turn down guys so fast?
Posted : 6 Aug, 2012 07:32 AM

Hello David.

Might I make a suggestion? Put a bit more about yourself on your profile. I can not speak for all the ladies but for myself the first thing that I do after receiving a wink or message is to view the senders profile. If there is not something on the profile that strikes my attention then I am not likely to respond to the wink or email. This is a dating site with hundreds of people on it you have to write about yourself and let the person viewing your profile know that you are worth talking to in order to get to know you better.

I hope that this helps and God blesses you in your search.

Faith

CompassionateSoul

View Profile
Hey ya'll! Georgia girl here!
Posted : 6 Aug, 2012 04:56 AM

Good luck to you as well. I hope it works out better for you this go around.

God bless!

CompassionateSoul

View Profile
Hi everyone
Posted : 3 Aug, 2012 12:52 PM

Hello. I hope your search goes well for you! God bless!

Page : 1 2