Author Thread
Lani K

View Profile
I really do not understand girls who..
Posted : 7 May, 2014 07:45 PM

I'm just making a guess here, but there's a chance that she may indeed be looking for that "serious" relationship, however, she could be at a loss as to how to let you down gently. She might feel like she's being unkind by simply expressing her disinterest, while also overlooking her posted status.

There is, of course, also a chance that she is not entirely mature.

All the best!

Lani K

View Profile
single parents sometimes lonely
Posted : 7 May, 2014 07:28 PM

I'm newly single for the past couple of years, after twenty+ years of marriage. I find it extraordinarily lonely! My former husband left my children and I after a long affair with another woman, and even though I'm crazy about my kids, it's not their job to be my intimate companions. A single parent is put into a very lonely situation, not designed by God. It's tremendously difficult.

A man or woman, however, cannot be our savior. That is for Christ alone. We must allow ourselves time to heal, whether widowed, single, or divorced.

My dilemma is: Can a Christian dating site be a good place to meet a safe friend? I struggle with this. My loneliness is too overpowering for me to think very clearly, perhaps. I rely on His Sovereign Providence and grace to guide me through this tremendously difficult time!

All the best, single brothers and sisters! Our Lord hears our cry and desires to comfort and heal our hearts!