Author Thread
EradifyerAO

View Profile
What if schools were different?
Posted : 30 May, 2013 06:39 PM

Indeed, some rad ideas here. As we think about changing things up - what are core elements that SHOULD be in place when educating children in what life is about? Moral standards, history, laws of nature, literature, even relationship... All found in Scripture... It seems schools, and to a larger extent the NATION has Biblical foundations. Just think, when the teachers, and students are operating in the fruits of the Holy Spirit: Love, Joy, Peace, PATIENCE.... What an atmosphere of learning, and exposure of Truth to the young minds that are simply absorbing everything as they encounter it... It may perhaps even open students up to CHALLENGE what the teachers are teaching, which is a indication that thier minds are validating what they are taking in... This is a critical point for children. But think, those children grow into the society of our future. The principles, foundations and philosophies shape where the world goes to some extent. I always had sickly feeling in school with the secular, generic "education" they were shelling out - rewarding anyone for showing signs of intellectual effort. But whats the modivation? The child's morals could be WAY off!! I can't imagian who the school system has rewarded because the student merely "showed interest in the material..."

God, bring your presence back into our learning endeavors, and bring intimacy in place of generalization!

EradifyerAO

View Profile
Mission of discipline
Posted : 30 May, 2013 06:13 PM

So many people are so excited to hear stories of those individuals who have gone overseas for "missions". I may be one had I not experienced it before. And, perhaps some have expierences with missions that have been nothing but incredible breakthrough, growth towards God's warm embrace, etc. My expirience, (atleast initially) was *mostly* rough...

After 3 months of lectures, worship, warm and encouraging discussion about God living on campus - my close-nit team head out for China. I was SO EXCITED! It's my first time overseas, a culture that is 5,000 years old, and city populations that DWARF most in my own nation!!! Only one downside (which I would discover about a week in): submitting to leadership younger then me... I fought with it - I needed alot of alone time... I shared my gripes and concerns to God - He responded with awesome revelations, promises, and guidence...

I have heard it said that this first discipleship programs are intended to HUMBLE us... It worked... I came back with solid foundations that have remained better then anything other psychological transformations in my Life. In fact, I associate my genuine transfer into God's Kingdom to the months leading up to that trip (even though hard times escalated after which...) But then isn't that where growth happens? Trials and Tribulations? When things that are beyond us are prodding us, and we have to find some way to evade it - and with Jesus now being an evasion option as a christian, growth happens as we lean on His strong arms...

Similar experiences?

EradifyerAO

View Profile
Waiting on the Promises of God
Posted : 30 May, 2013 05:55 PM

It seems like doubt is a result of us dismissing the depth that God has brought into us with in our new nature. It is that new element of faith that begins AND ENDS with God. We cannot have faith by ourselves! (I don't have Scripture for that...) Those who are not in God's Kingdom seem to be adhering to God's princibles indirectly when they hope in something they can't see. Because it is illogical, and irrational to the world's system of logic. We lean on a God we cannot see for Promises that seem to be MUCH too great to ever come to pass because we KNOW God and His character so well! We know His "track record"! But can we still doubt sometimes - but they are influences from the devil! I think this verse illistrates it perfectly: "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love." 1 John 4:18